When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s See Your Felt Advertising Items!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
From a 1912 Motorcycle Illustrated magazine:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 5.35.19 PM.png

Hearsey Tires from Indiana. Hearsey was first a bicycle man. He was the first person to hire Major Taylor. Does anyone own a Hearsey bicycle?

View attachment 1469386
Hearsey was the 2nd person to hire Major Taylor, after Hay and Willits, but still very important to Major and to Indianapolis bicycle history! Thanks for sharing this. I saw one like it on eBay last year, and even the Hearsey descendants were floored at how much it went for!

Hearsey was the 2nd person to hire Major Taylor, after Hay and Willits, but still very important to Major and to Indianapolis bicycle history! Thanks for sharing this. I saw one like it on eBay last year, and even the Hearsey descendants were floored at how much it went for!
how old was the Major before working for Hearsey? i thought i seen somewhere that he was 14 when hired by Hearsey?

how old was the Major before working for Hearsey? i thought i seen somewhere that he was 14 when hired by Hearsey?
This is debatable after really scrutinizing the timeline he suggests in his autobiography. He was not yet 12 when he went to work for Hay & Willits, and if my theory is correct, he was just shy of 13 when he went to work for Hearsey. Unfortunately, some of this minutiae may never be known for sure because of the understandably garbled memories Major shares of his childhood, versus corroborating evidence.

Back