When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s talk value,, bike prices? Open talk!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
To be honest,I see a lot of bikes on this thread that just occupy space and are not worth investing any money in. I would rather have one good collectable bike than a garage full of "space takers". This often happens to new collectors .Buy quality ,not quantity. Not meaning to offend anybody,just some advice.

To be honest,I see a lot of bikes on this thread that just occupy space and are not worth investing any money in. I would rather have one good collectable bike than a garage full of "space takers". This often happens to new collectors .Buy quality ,not quantity. Not meaning to offend anybody,just some advice.
That was me once I bought my 1st vintage bike; not knowing the prices of missing pieces & what's valuable vs not. I Really want a pretty complete Deep fender Monark or a Nice prewar CWC or just something I love to look at as much as riding it. Wouldn't hurt to be worth what I pay for it, not be hodge podged, & $500+. Not perfect or even a beauty queen (3rd runner up) would be nice

Probably sad this is my most unmolested/original & most complete bike; bought for my mom but she may never care to ride it

20200116_161248.jpg
I would ride it but 26x2.125 won't clear the fenders & I jus' don't feel right on middle & light weight rubber :rolleyes:

With that many single speeds, you either have very strong legs or a very flat neighborhood.

Joking aside, buy something because it moves you, not because it is cheap.

So long as the bikes are reasonably well-made and are safe, then buy, collect and ride, what appeals to you. There are a few "objectively wrong" decisions with vintage bikes, but much of it is what you enjoy subjectively. The object aspects usually involve basic quality and safety. A mechanically solid but spraycanned and unoriginal Higgins middleweight can serve you just as well as an all-original Schwinn ballooner if what you care about is just a functioning, safe old single speed rider. It's all in what appeals to you after basic quality and safety issues. The caution is just don't fill your garage with stuff you find unappealing simply because it was cheap.

With that many single speeds, you either have very strong legs or a very flat neighborhood.

Joking aside, buy something because it moves you, not because it is cheap.

So long as the bikes are reasonably well-made and are safe, then buy, collect and ride, what appeals to you. There are a few "objectively wrong" decisions with vintage bikes, but much of it is what you enjoy subjectively. The object aspects usually involve basic quality and safety. A mechanically solid but spraycanned and unoriginal Higgins middleweight can serve you just as well as an all-original Schwinn ballooner if what you care about is just a functioning, safe old single speed rider. It's all in what appeals to you after basic quality and safety issues. The caution is just don't fill your garage with stuff you find unappealing simply because it was cheap.
Thank you! You make good sense! My 74 is my daily rider! My legs are ok for now! In school i ran track!

475DFD2C-C624-4AD2-BCCE-6A548A13FD45.jpeg

@SirMike1983 see I have mainly bikes that appeal to me & bikes that are parts bikes. I figured stuff like mountain bikes can be scavenged for wheels, spokes etc, frames can be cut up/welded repurposed & such. I don't own a dozen+ stripped down Schwinns, more than 5 26x1.75 tire bikes and no more than 5 girls bikes. I own 1 24" tire bastard 50s Columbia $20 frame I bought for a project or to convert a girls frame with. Rest are rideable or "get around to it rideable"

Back