When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets make a thread of what's NOT collectable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rideahiggins

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
For all the new people lets make a thread of what's NOT collectable and is generally worth less than $80.
First up 1980's Sears Free Spirit, men's or women's.
My local value $25-$50.
50_vintage_sears_free_spirit_26_men_s_3_speed_red_bicycle_21757630.jpg

1980's Huffy Roadside Cruiser. My local value $60-$80
cruiser_ladies_bicycle_23407786.jpg

50_vintage_sears_free_spirit_26_men_s_3_speed_red_bicycle_21757630.jpg

cruiser_ladies_bicycle_23407786.jpg

The Newer Stingray choppers!!! CL is riddled with them! Ranging from $50-350!

Last edited:
Schwinn Hollywood, most colors other than levender, red, or pink are all common and yet people want gold for them.

Schwinn Sting-rays from the late 70s. Except for a very small cult following, I cannot see these tacky and neutered "muscle bikes" EVER having any value. They are a funky mix between muscle and BMX and a time when muscle bikes were dead and the Schwinn Sting-Ray was the only one left and it couldn't keep it's identity intact.

Certain Huffy light weights of the late 80s and early 90s. Yes, retro light weights are sellers now, and easy to flip. But sometimes there are bikes to ugly that we just have to do our duty and put them out of their agony. I have seen some fugly tri-tone light weights in various shades of pink, purple, magenta, and white. Sometimes with hints of green or blue. They all looked atrocious and I dare not post a photo.

Ugly spotted/splatter paint job Huffy's

Ah yes, those ugly spotted/splatter paint job Huffy's. If they aren't at least an 8 out of 10 they go straight in the scrap. Otherwise for the 24" ones I can get $45 only because the Amish kids ride them to school.

Almost any mass produced bicycle made in the 1970's or later. It does not matter what brand, they were made as throw away bikes. Also known as department store bicycles.

I second the Schwinn chopper post! can't stand seeing them anymore on CL and people want $400 for some! Then they throw crappy Chinese motors on them and call them cool....(shaking head)

Back