When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets make a thread of what's NOT collectable

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The Schwinn Breeze. For some reason, I don't understand owners of these bikes typically want $300 for these bikes. Why is a mystery to me. At the last bike show I went to I was quoted that exact among for one similar to this. Go figure. I guess they figure any Schwinn is worth a small fortune no matter how ugly it is.

im000369600_zps57b27d57-1.jpg

And as the years go by, the "1972 Rule" gets more and more outdated as I see more and more Firebirds, Camaros, Mustangs, Grand Nationals, Montegos, Thunderbirds, and even K-Cars from the late 70s-mid 80s all either well-maintained or fully restored.

The bikes we all name in this thread today are common, beater, and "cheaply made" bicycles, some of which are quite hideous (such as those nasty little Huffys I mentioned) but you never know what the future might bring!

Anything with this decal, or any of it's derivatives on it:

It's not hard to miss them or any part of them because they write their name on every single piece of anything they ever make right down to the last bolt or glass on the reflector. Corporate branding gone wild.

It's not hard to miss them or any part of them because they write their name on every single piece of anything they ever make right down to the last bolt or glass on the reflector. Corporate branding gone wild.

and there were so many made collecting them is like going out in the yard and collecting rocks. saying Schwinn collection is like saying rock garden, people do it I suppose...:confused:

I can think of a few Post-1970s Schwinns that will have collector value eventually. The ORIGINAL Schwinn Predator, Freeform, and Freeform EX. Also, the reproduciton Schwinn Stingrays and Krates from the late 1990s (assuming they get a following like the retro Roadmaster Luxury Liner and Western Flyers).

Anything with this decal, or any of it's derivatives on it:

qual_zpsb58f98e5-1.jpg

Stop being a schwinnapobe Scott... Come to the dark side.... As for having their name all over every part.. Not true until years after the war. Schwinn was proud of the parts and bikes it was making and didn't want any part to be confused with the junk crap being produced at that time. They made every part in haus with that apparently annoying script.. How many Co did that? To put your name on something or every part you made, means you stand behind the craftsmanship of that part and are proud to have your name on it. Ive seen many a prewar Schwinn without so much as a Schwinn decal on it. They knew they built the good poop and had nothing to prove!... And seriously are we gonna start bashing on what Schwinn became? Cause if memory serves Huffman didn't fare to well either.. Huffy anyone?

Last edited:
Stop being a schwinnapobe Scott... Come to the dark side.... As for having their name all over every part.. Not true until years after the war. Schwinn was proud of the parts and bikes it was making and didn't want any part to be confused with the junk crap being produced at that time. They made every part in haus with that apparently annoying script.. How many Co did that? To put your name on something or every part you made, means you stand behind the craftsmanship of that part and are proud to have your name on it. Ive seen many a prewar Schwinn without so much as a Schwinn decal on it. They knew they built the good poop and had nothing to prove!... And seriously are we gonna start bashing on what Schwinn became? Cause if memory serves Huffman didn't fare to well either.. Huffy anyone?

all true except the other stuff wasn't crap but Schwinn may have thought it was. I still think they were infact the cost cutters using and re-using the same parts for decades in different configurations with a few colour changes - in order to produce on a massive scale and dominate the market by being able to produce at the lowest cost - a very successful corporation. Huffy was just bought out by goodness knows who, or even cares.

To be fair they did let the seat makers put their seats on Schwinns until schwinn started making their own (thats a compliment). It's not necessarily a good thing for one comapny to make everything. Infact it's a huge problem in the world today with corporations putting small comapnies out of business by doing everything in house for cheaper.

Last edited:
all true except the other stuff wasn't crap but Schwinn may have thought it was. I still think they were infact the cost cutters using and re-using the same parts for decades in different configurations with a few colour changes - in order to produce on a massive scale and dominate the market by being able to produce at the lowest cost - a very successful corporation. Huffy was just bought out by goodness knows who, or even cares.

To be fair they did let the seat makers put their seats on Schwinns until schwinn started making their own (thats a compliment). It's not necessarily a good thing for one comapny to make everything. Infact it's a huge problem in the world today with corporations putting small comapnies out of business by doing everything in house for cheaper.

True. But anyone know if Lamborghini or Ferrari out sorce?.. Hehehe
I think that's the point to do things in house. To save money!.. Certainly rings true in the restaurant world... Plus you can control quality more effectively..
Adapt or die..

Last edited:
The "Schwinn Approved" label was advertising and it worked really well! They actually convinced people that they made their own hubs, kickstands, handlebars, seats, and sissy bars. LOL! They built their own frames, chain rings, forks, tanks, and racks. Rims if you sount the S7s and stuff. But they did not make everything for the bike. The last vintage Schwinns I owned had WALD kickstands, Bendix and Shimano rear hubs, shifters, and derailers, all the same components found on other bikes of the time.

Back