When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's play "Name that tool".

-

Gordon

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Had this in a drawer for a long time and finally decided to try and figure out what it is for. One side says "Japan BC 34.6" and other side says "Shimano 32 (Dura-Ace)". Both sides are threaded and I assume one side is 32 mm in diameter and the other 34.6 mm. The center piece which looks like it should be used to force something out (or in?) can be screwed in from either direction. Hope someone can tell what it is used for. Thanks.

-----

the 34.6 size in interesting

the pitch diameter for a standard British/ISO threaded bottom bracket shell works out to about 34.85mm

---

34.85 is also the pitch diameter for the thread-on gear blocks employed on derailleur geared bicycles

it may be that the 34.6 size is used by Shimano for the DuraAce cassette hubs. have never had occasion to work on one so this is just a WAG.

---

"name that tool" would be a fun game show for us

too bad Jan Murray is gone, he would make an excellent host

we could have adverts at regular intervals for Mogen David wines

-----

Last edited:
I believe that is a replacement part for the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Back