When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets say, "Schwinn made a Black Phantom mid weight"

-
Since the middleweights were around when the Phantom was still being produced, I'd say the it would be almost identical to the Ballooner version, with maybe a different more modern thinned down chain guard but train light still there.

Are you building one?

2 speed ...chrome fenders. ....chrome tank? Hand brakes....oh what sounds like a jaguar ..

Since the middleweights were around when the Phantom was still being produced, I'd say the it would be almost identical to the Ballooner version, with maybe a different more modern thinned down chain guard but train light still there.

Are you building one?
I was thinking about it. Kinda seeing what’s out there and what other people think. I’d need a beat up fender from a heavyweight to take the light internals and get a template for the light to go.

I was thinking maybe the same rack, painted fork, chrome fenders and same tank, def at least a kickback 3 speed. Front rim brakes, chrome wheels, built in headlight or double headlights. Seat could be the same or slightly different. And use the later corvette chainuard but painted. And of course 60s style decals.

This is island Schwinn's second gen middleweight Jag. Take off the front rack, add a springer and fender light for a Blue Phantom.

776351-8519bf374a261e7a19ee10b0fb9cae84.jpg

Back