When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's see some Typhoons

-
f38d12275a137f4cb0653c80a5984a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gift from a family friend...
View attachment 757747

1964 (maybe?), two speed kickback, original tires
View attachment 757748

Thanks, Mr. Bernie!
Man,Thats a nice gift. The lower model Schwinn Middleweights,with painted rims/fenders have always been my favorite. Something about that "spartan" look. I'm looking for a nice set of black 26" Typhoon fenders to put on mine. I have a decent set of painted S-7s too.

Last edited:
5C382ADF-5EE6-4A42-ADEC-4931998F6B89.jpeg

This 1970 model just got added to the lineup.
I was 10 years old in 1970, and a Campus Green Schwinn Typhoon was the bike of my dreams.
So, it only took 49 years to achieve.
That’s not too bad.
I must thank the original owner, for taking such good care of my bike all these years.
It’s got a couple of incidental scratches, but other than that, it’s still brand new.
I may doll it up with the racks, pumpkin light, speedo kit etc.
Well, see.
For now, I’m just loving it as is.

View attachment 1015011
This 1970 model just got added to the lineup.
I was 10 years old in 1970, and a Campus Green Schwinn Typhoon was the bike of my dreams.
So, it only took 49 years to achieve.
That’s not too bad.
I must thank the original owner, for taking such good care of my bike all these years.
It’s got a couple of incidental scratches, but other than that, it’s still brand new.
I may doll it up with the racks, pumpkin light, speedo kit etc.
Well, see.
For now, I’m just loving it as is.

I had one just like it about 30 years ago

Here is my 1969 Typhoon. Original paint. It's a bit flaky PO left it out in the desert sun. Original grips and fenders. Replaced seat but the worst part is the gooseneck. There is a large crack which allowed water to get down and now it's rusted solid. I can't raise or remove the handlebars. Chinese tires are 26x2x 1 3\4 and they roll good.
Bummer.
But what else are you going to get from a thrift store.

20190627_170611.jpg

20190627_170653.jpg

Back