When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lets see those 1960 schwinn spitfires start a thread lets see them

-
Here's my 60

Attachments

• IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1117.jpg
    IMG_1117.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 83
Here's my 1960 Spitfire. A gift from a pal in Fort Scott KS. Taken at Mori's Point in Pacifica the other day.
The fork was badly bent ... my brothers and I did our best to get the blades realigned but the forged forks are very hard to straighten.
We did a pretty good job as it rides like a dream. I believe I changed out the crankset as it was bent as well.

IMG_2632.JPG

Being in the UK, they probably thought that Spitfire will never fly again!

That’s a great project bike you have!
Wheels are too far gone - pedal rubbers a bit perished, but everything else is ok. Ditched the wheels but kept the Bendix hub but am now looking for painted rims 26"

Wheels are too far gone - pedal rubbers a bit perished, but everything else is ok. Ditched the wheels but kept the Bendix hub but am now looking for painted rims 26"

Is your Spitfire a 1961? The head badge looks like it's the smaller oval, 3.25". I think the Spitfire was discontinued in mid- year sometime.

Back