When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lets see those americans

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pretty much correct. The flat rear fender/brake bracket was also used. The drilled fork and flat brake bracket were pretty much the norm on all the bikes, gears or not, during the first couple years of the new middleweights since most all of the models were available with multiple gears. Here's my original 1955 Girls Corvette coaster that came with the flat rear bracket and drilled fork.

View attachment 693520
That brace between the two front down tubes is something I don't see very often, either. Nice bike!

That brace between the two front down tubes is something I don't see very often, either. Nice bike!
i have 2 1956 americans that came with the front schwinn rim brake from the factory,aiso just gt a 59,the 56 models also came with a 2 speed manual,one of schwinns attemps to compete with the imports,one of the things that seperates the cabe from the other sites is the great participation!!!!!!!!
i have 2 1956 americans that came with the front schwinn rim brake from the factory,aiso just gt a 59,the 56 models also came with a 2 speed manual,one of schwinns attemps to compete with the imports,one of the things that seperates the cabe from the other sites is the great participation!!!!!!!!

Built in Sept 1962....Kennedy was very busy with the pesky Russians trying to put some toys in Cuba!

Side Right.jpg

Rear Right.jpg

heres one of my 55s,classic bike that was kept outside its whole life,i took the factory rim brakes to keep em out of the elements,still has the 2 speed manuel with the hard to fing og clamps,knob is not factory but fairly old View attachment 692784 View attachment 692785 View attachment 692785
Speaking of great participation, may I suggest more and better pictures? It doesn't matter if they're not shined up pretty, original bikes tell their own story.

Back