When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Those Original Krates!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
November.. Which makes it kind of unique as I understand it.. Schwinn started putting serial #’s on the the head tube in 1970., This one is stamped on the drop out.. Crank is stamped 69.. Bars and stem are stamped 70..

The 70-71 Cotton Pickers, plus the Pea Pickers have always been my favorites in the Krate series.
I owned a ‘70 Cotton back in the late 90’s and it was real chippy.
For whatever reason the Cotton Pickers white paint chipped very easy and the brown primer would really stand out making it more noticeable.
The Cotton’s shown in this thread are really cool even with the flaws.
Thanks for sharing guys!

I had a nice cotton seat many years ago that was clean white with nice stripe and a tobacco colored stain 1 1/2“ perfect stripe going across the seat Right in the middle, Opened it up to find a scrap piece of orange krate material used as a band to hold the foam down prior putting The halves together. hard to find bikes even chippy are kool. One of the few bikes I was never able to buy an original even chippy.

Here are a couple of my original 68 Orange Krates

Early Krate, December 67 MC bike has the rare original color line knobby and pogo seat post. Pogo had two versions - original that would allow the seat to not only move up and down, but also swivel sideways, later updated with slotted style to improve safety. Pogo was discontinued after June on the Krates. The full floating seat kits were available with a pogo, shock sissy bar, seat, and Q bolts as a really cool accessory package for any bike. This bike was purchased and shipped from a collector in Puerto Rico of all places. It's pretty much all original including cables and tires.

September 68 JD was purchased here in northern IN from the 2nd owner. He'd gone to a garage sale many years ago and they showed him this bike, hanging in the garage attic rafters, purchased new for their son. They would not sell it to him and he patiently checked back with them yearly until they agreed, about 10 years later! He had it displayed in his office for several years before I bought it. Other than seat, pretty much all original as well including tires and cables. I added the license plate and lock. After taking these pics, the bike received a very nice original seat and reflector.

Last edited:
Back