Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Seeing as how this thread is directed mainly at the Spaceliner crowd, I'm going to post a "wanted" for my 59/60 Flightliner. I need a correct tank for mine. Like the one in this picture. Thanks, E'd

DSC_0284-1.jpg
I will keep a weather eye out for a tank Ed.

PCHiggin

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Jan 22, 2008
Ryderwood, United States
The only reason they make schwinns is because sears couldn't make enough of the spaceliner for public demand. Way I see it anyway
Correct! The Sears bike factory also made Sears refrigerators,wrenches, minibikes and lawn furniture. They couldn't keep up with demand

Last edited:
Reactions: OZ1972

Cpshockl

On Training Wheels
Apr 4, 2020
New Orleans
I’ve had this for 2 years and I’m finally working on it. Anyone know what model it is? Can’t seem to find a match on the serial number thread. The number is MO5...64 567192. This is my first time attempting to refurbish a bike and I can’t seem to figure out what the original looked like. Anyone know where I can get a tank? Are they really hard to find?
I just learned from the CABE that it’s a “space weight” bike and I’m in love with these bikes. Considering buying a more complete one to refurbish. I want a tank with the horn and lights!1169192

A0442A42-1227-4B5E-8675-F9DCE70FF669.jpeg
E2E83BDC-03B8-40C4-BE56-6CD74C62D21C.jpeg

Reactions: Sven

BrentP

Jun 26, 2010
Calgary, Canada via Marin Co. CA
www.facebook.com
You can't find it in the serial number reference because it isn't a Spaceliner. I can't tell you for sure what it is, other than to say it's a Murray, but someone else no doubt can.

Cpshockl

On Training Wheels
Apr 4, 2020
New Orleans
You can't find it in the serial number reference because it isn't a Spaceliner. I can't tell you for sure what it is, other than to say it's a Murray, but someone else no doubt can.
Yea sorry I confuse Spaceliner with all these Murray bikes with similar frames. I was referring to the thread on Murray serial numbers. The closest I can find is an Astro Flite?

Reactions: CURTIS L LINDGREN
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Yea sorry I confuse Spaceliner with all these Murray bikes with similar frames. I was referring to the thread on Murray serial numbers. The closest I can find is an Astro Flite?
Not to worry, Murray made many of the "Space Bikes". My J.C. Higgins Flightliner was made by Murray for Sears. They also made the "Space" frame for several other companies. It looks like you have a '65 model Murray, but the sprocket is different than the pictures I've seen. Here is a serial number chart along with some post that may help you out.

Last edited:

dasberger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nov 1, 2019
ATL
Seeing as how this thread is directed mainly at the Spaceliner crowd, I'm going to post a "wanted" for my 59/60 Flightliner. I need a correct tank for mine. Like the one in this picture. Thanks, E'd

DSC_0284-1.jpg
I've got a tank... no bezel or light and its a light only model no horn. PM if interested

This ad goes away when you register for an account!