When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My guess is same as yours, a bike tag.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

seat

Just picked up this ladies Spaceliner.
My first true Spaceliner....almost. I wonder if it is a base model with both knobs. The pedals don't have the jewels but, the teal trim color is correct on them.
Need to find the correct rear fender with the tear drop rear reflector, (the stays don't look right) and check on the correctness of the front fender. It seems to be too short.
Wrong seat and the rat trap is missing. But, she rides great.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I pick up a seat like that with grips, but in Gold glider/ sparkels.
mitch

https://picasaweb.google.com/wingmahpics/Spaceliner63blue#
https://picasaweb.google.com/wingmahpics/Spaceliner63red#

Here is a link to all the pic's and yes it is some kind of plate, still awaiting on the arrival of these

Thanks for those links. Could I impose on you the request for a couple more close ups of the tailight please? The views of this on both bikes are from an angle looking down, would appreciate a view looking head on along with some from the side or side angle. Thanks!

SpacelinerGuys-1.jpg

SpacelinerGirls-1.jpg

These are 1963's fully loaded with kick back hubs, can't wait to get them

Now if Tuesday can only get here so I can recieve them from the carrier, these sat in the window of a bike shop for 49 years is what the seller said, everything works.

Great bikes, but why do you think they're 1963's? Is that what the seller said? My understanding is that the Spaceliner wasn't introduced until 1964, and that's the first year it shows up in the Sears catalogs. I have copies of the Sears Spring/Summer catalog bike pages from 1960 to 1965, as well as some Christmas Catalogs, and the first time the Spaceliner appears is in 1964 (then there's a change to the more pointed/spacey style in 1966).

Last edited:
Just picked up this ladies Spaceliner.
My first true Spaceliner....almost. I wonder if it is a base model with both knobs. The pedals don't have the jewels but, the teal trim color is correct on them.
Need to find the correct rear fender with the tear drop rear reflector, (the stays don't look right) and check on the correctness of the front fender. It seems to be too short.
Wrong seat and the rat trap is missing. But, she rides great.

attachment.php

Hi jd56. I'm compiling a list of all the model numbers of the various Spaceliner configurations, and I don't have a model number for the bike that matches yours (1964/65 women's, chrome frame, standard fork). Would you mind providing me with your serial number? The 4th through 8th digits (5 digits beginning with 46) indicate the catalog model number. For example, 46911 is the model number for your bike with the springer fork (I think yours might be 46950, but I'm not 100% sure).

You're right, the front fender does appear to be too short, but that's probably an illusion due to the wheel being turned at an angle. Page 305 of the 1964 Christmas catalog shows it with a chrome luggage rack on the front for the chrome models that didn't have a springer fork (the painted models had a simple fork and no rack).

Much appreciated.

EDIT:
I made the above post before seeing a later post from you where you indicated your serial number. According to your info, your model number is 46316 (this would match the catalog number). All the digits after that refer to the bike serial number, but you were missing one digit in your post (there should be 15 digits). My only question now is whether yours is a 26" or 24" wheel, and whether it's a 1-speed or 2-speed hub (I'm guessing it's a 26" 1-speed, but I need to know because each has a different code).

Yours is definitely either a 1964 or a 1965, because they changed the Spaceliner in late 1965 to look like this (image taken from the 1966 Christmas catalog). Note the different cowling/tank, light, and chain guard design compared to pre-1966.

1966_SearsChristmas_Page412_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for those links. Could I impose on you the request for a couple more close ups of the tailight please? The views of this on both bikes are from an angle looking down, would appreciate a view looking head on along with some from the side or side angle. Thanks!

I mjust had both arrive last weekend here, pulled them down to clean m up will post pic's in a couple weeks when back from Cozumel trip.

Great bikes, but why do you think they're 1963's? Is that what the seller said? My understanding is that the Spaceliner wasn't introduced until 1964, and that's the first year it shows up in the Sears catalogs. I have copies of the Sears Spring/Summer catalog bike pages from 1960 to 1965, as well as some Christmas Catalogs, and the first time the Spaceliner appears is in 1964 (then there's a change to the more pointed/spacey style in 1966).

The owner I got these from said that they were 63's

The owner I got these from said that they were 63's

What I discovered as I was compiling a list of all Spaceliner models during all the years of production is that there is an awful lot of incorrect information about them floating around on the internet, and most people don't know the correct year of their bike unless they're the original owner.

Now that I have finished my database of Spaceliner models and years, I can confirm that there is no such thing as a 1963 Spaceliner. They were built for Sears between 1964 and 1968, and the original style was updated for the final three years of the product run (the horizontal tank was eliminated and the cowling and light became more streamlined, among other changes). During any given year of production, there were between 20 and 30 different versions of the Spaceliner, each identified by a unique product number. Pretty crazy, huh?

In your post you said you thought the "rat trap" was missing. What were you referring to, as they never came with rat traps?

Last edited:
What I discovered as I was compiling a list of all Spaceliner models during all the years of production is that there is an awful lot of incorrect information about them floating around on the internet, and most people don't know the correct year of their bike unless they're the original owner.

Now that I have finished my database of Spaceliner models and years, I can confirm that there is no such thing as a 1963 Spaceliner. They were built for Sears between 1964 and 1968, and the original style was updated for the final three years of the product run (the horizontal tank was eliminated and the cowling and light became more streamlined, among other changes). During any given year of production, there were between 20 and 30 different versions of the Spaceliner, each identified by a unique product number. Pretty crazy, huh?

In your post you said you thought the "rat trap" was missing. What were you referring to, as they never came with rat traps?

Someone buy this guy a round of beverages :cool:

Back