When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My chrome spaceliner.I spent the last month trying to get the rust off it.I got most of it off giving it an acid bath.I should have taken before and after picks,but didn't have a camera.

Attachments

• DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 167
Nice Skipray..love to see a closeup of the switch panel when you can.
Thanks for posting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is how I got it that looks like it was rode hard ona trail or whatever, the rims I believe are original but the unoriginal front hub is cracked and the 5 speed freewheel the guy put on it has a broken off tooth.

PICT1130-1.jpg

I have done some things to it but they will not stay on it when I ever have the money or trade it with the Klunker parts for another more original bike close enough since I don't have a car to take it to be shipped or anything, these wheels are mix-matched but have the same 26 x 1 3/8 tires.

IMG_20120608_150138.gif

thanks for posting....Ill keep an eye out for a "7 bar" tank for you. They rarely pop up though.
But the Chrome shined up nice and looks better than the military green for sure.
Still lots of parts to get.

My addition(s) to the Spaceliner fleet....

Here is my recent find. I went on a quest to find some needed parts for my Spaceliner and came across these two beauties. Should be able to salvage enough parts to complete mine and redo another. Lookie like a lot of 0000 steel wool and wd40 in my future.

Anyone ever have one of these seats apart? The black seats pan is actually broken in half. Its held together with the material from the seat. Not sure how hard it would be to repair.

Thanks
Tom

uyUy2.jpg
9YdXo.jpg

Cool & Thanks, I just hope I could afford one.

The fork that was on it is in the shed because for some odd reason the steerer tube is thicker than usual so no head set can fit not even the one that was on it that was very very hard to get off of to begin with so I had to use another bikes fork that is chrome but it had some small areas of original clear blue/green color on it but I hope also hope to get a rat trap fork eventhough this bike didn't have one originally.

Those are nice plus you have the tanks along with rat trap forks, I have used turtle wax chrome polish with rust remover & a brass brush to clean my chrome.

Here is my recent find. I went on a quest to find some needed parts for my Spaceliner and came across these two beauties. Should be able to salvage enough parts to complete mine and redo another. Lookie like a lot of 0000 steel wool and wd40 in my future.

Anyone ever have one of these seats apart? The black seats pan is actually broken in half. Its held together with the material from the seat. Not sure how hard it would be to repair.

Thanks
Tom

PM sent.

Nice find TOM. My experience with the Spaceliner Troxel saddles is that it's extremely difficult to find anyone who can repair them. I've been trying to find someone who can re-stitch the silver edging, and have taken it to numerous upholstery shops, motorcycle seat restoration shops, and shoe repair shops, and so far nobody has been able to help me. They all say the board/pan is too thick and hard for their equipment. The only option I haven't been to yet is a saddle maker for horses, and that's my next and final option. If all else fails, I'm going to try stitching it myself with a hand awl. In your case, I'll bet if you took a piece of rigid plastic, like plexiglas, or metal sheet, and shaped it appropriately, you could probably epoxy it to the underside of the pan and that would hopefully hold it together.

Last edited:
I don't think these seats are hard to find....but, then I haven't been looking for one.

It's great to have the original seat but, they are uncomfortable as all get out....at least for my old backside.

I've noticed that Huffy seats (the length wise pleated type are sometimes equiped on these. Now that seat a a bit more comfortable.

I'll keep an eye out for a mens black sivler belted seat for you guys. My AstroFlites are red....just saying

Tom nice finds by the way....I assume both are Spaceliners? The other with the cleaner tank looks alot like and AstroFlite tank. I can't tell in the pics

Just found this Thursday

I found this one on CL for 40 bucks,thought i'd fix it up for my girlfriend. As you can see it needs several parts,so hopefuly i can find some parts here i can buy. Any info on parts would make the little "OL Lady" happy. Also thank you for the pics of front fender.

Attachments

• DSCF2800.jpg
    DSCF2800.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF2801.jpg
    DSCF2801.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF2803.jpg
    DSCF2803.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF2804.jpg
    DSCF2804.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF2799.jpg
    DSCF2799.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 147
I found this one on CL for 40 bucks,thought i'd fix it up for my girlfriend. As you can see it needs several parts,so hopefuly i can find some parts here i can buy. Any info on parts would make the little "OL Lady" happy. Also thank you for the pics of front fender.

Doctor wood....what?? $40? are you kidding me?....in Minnesota no less...mimimal rust too...great find.

The tank is in great shape. Not sure which decal you were asking about in the pm but that switch panel is in amazing shape. The bezel still is chromed as well. And you still got the lens.
Hows the battery tray look?

Shame about the rear rack. This model should have a book rack and rear hole for the top mounted rear tailight which are hard to find even the bottom mounted battery can.
Looks like the rear fender is missing the teardrop reflector but, Brentp could verify that.

Again great find and thanks for posting the Astroflite....another Spaceliner styled bike with the ever so popular chromed frame and forward thrust tanklight.
This one should cleanup nice.

Back