When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yea sorry I confuse Spaceliner with all these Murray bikes with similar frames. I was referring to the thread on Murray serial numbers. The closest I can find is an Astro Flite?

Not to worry, Murray made many of the "Space Bikes". My J.C. Higgins Flightliner was made by Murray for Sears. They also made the "Space" frame for several other companies. It looks like you have a '65 model Murray, but the sprocket is different than the pictures I've seen. Here is a serial number chart along with some post that may help you out.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot to post a pic of mine on the ground. The search for original pedals continues. :)

100_5036.JPG

While not Spaceliners here are my two space age styled bikes. 1961 Murray Sonic Flite (original except tires) and a Sears Flightliner with original Allstate tires (original except grips & pedals). Not sure of the year of the Sears those serial numbers drive me crazy.

102_6985.JPG

102_6983.JPG

102_6984.JPG

102_7238.JPG

While not Spaceliners here are my two space age styled bikes. 1961 Murray Sonic Flite (original except tires) and a Sears Flightliner with original Allstate tires (original except grips & pedals). Not sure of the year of the Sears those serial numbers drive me crazy.

View attachment 1466478

View attachment 1466482

View attachment 1466483

View attachment 1466485
Ive nailed down the understanding of the sears serial numbers pretty well.
Do you have an image of the numbers?
P.S. Amazing Bikes!
I like the 61 Mens bike

Ive nailed down the understanding of the sears serial numbers pretty well.
Do you have an image of the numbers?
P.S. Amazing Bikes!
I like the 61 Mens bike
MrCrazy, here are the two numbers on the Sears bike. I think the one on the rear dropout is the important one but I am not sure. Yes I thing the 61 is neat. Did not need it but had to have it when I saw it listed! I have never seen another 61 Sonic Flite posted any place. Thanks

102_7065.JPG

102_7067.JPG

The 4631 is the model number. That number is also the number that was used for ordering parts. The number coincides with the catalog number. Once you find the number in the catalog, you’ll know the year. There is no chronology for Sears bicycle numbers, you just have to search year by year.

MrCrazy, here are the two numbers on the Sears bike. I think the one on the rear dropout is the important one but I am not sure. Yes I thing the 61 is neat. Did not need it but had to have it when I saw it listed! I have never seen another 61 Sonic Flite posted any place. Thanks

View attachment 1466557

View attachment 1466558
Here it is in the fall 1962 Sears catalog for bikes in 63. Model # 46311
1629712524928.png

1629712615982.png

Back