When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

-
Your Theme Song...

Sorry but this obsession, say this tanklight fetish of yours, brings to mind this song by Huey Lewis and The News:

[video=youtube;N6uEMOeDZsA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA&ob=av3n[/video]

Now, I would show my Spaceliner, but I've had it for a long time and it is almost in "as found" condition still. Its the "Real Christine" bike from the "haunted" barn story I've told before. I put quotations around "Real Christine" and "haunted" because it is only my opinion and expereince, not that of an expert. Not that I really want that fact solidified. It would only further creep me out.

Now if I ever find all the parts I need and I finally tear into it...say a prayer folks, LOL! They say that renovation and remodeling of a house stirs such activity. Weather this is true or applies to bikes, I don't know. We will find out all in good time, I'm sure.

Should I maybe backlight the control panel in that same creepy green and have a Little Richard tape inside? hmm, oh the possibilities!

Last edited:
I inject wd40 and remove the tracks with 0000 once a week. Then there the high i get from the daily dose of the cabe pill....My new drug for my obession.
Love the song and would trade a day of bike work for a little sun next to the babe on the bow of the boat. Shhshh here comes my wife, got to go....

Oh real quick....Post the pics of your project in its present condition. The thread includes before pics too.

The addict

I inject wd40 and remove the tracks with 0000 once a week. Then there the high i get from the daily dose of the cabe pill....My new drug for my obession.
Love the song and would trade a day of bike work for a little sun next to the babe on the bow of the boat. Shhshh here comes my wife, got to go....

Oh real quick....Post the pics of your project in its present condition. The thread includes before pics too.

The addict

Well, I'm trapped at home at my dad's house. My car broke a coil spring and the bike is in mom's attic. Here is a very old pic of it when I first found it in the barn:

bikesfrombarn001-1.jpg

That barn is still kinda creepy. I'll go in for a Scooby Snack!

For the bike, I have so far, since that expereience so long ago, I just found the seat, the rest of the rack, fenders (maybe for an earlier model and may have to resell since one is for a springer model), gutted tank, horn, and upgraded the chaingaurd.

The bike was a painted frame model so it most likely had the rocket reflectors on the rack. I'm just restoring this because of the historyand story associated with it. That and it is a family classic and has been in the family for the better part of 30 years. No monetary motivation involved here!

Last edited:
Need more pics!!

Come on Spaceliner fans...I need more poictures of your Liner bike...chrome or painted, before, during or completed resto.

I know there is more:rolleyes:

Nice Rockit. Got a frontal shot? Showing the tanklight.
And nice to have the rear reflector chromed and the 3 band kickback hub.
Lets see a chainguard view too....please

Thanks for posting

Last edited:
Back