When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

-
Edit: see previous post... both posts combined as one

Last edited:
I kind of figured that out. But all the extra stuff that I'm doing to it is just a wrench turn away from being removed, as the underlying base bike itself does not need to be altered at all to add these parts. I could imagine, back in the day, you could have probably walk into the parts and service department at a Sears store, and order these extra parts for your kid's bike, and bolt them on if you wanted to, but as you say, it would have been much easier to buy a deluxe chrome one, and get it all from the get go.
You are right. It looks nice, and that is what I'm after.

Oh, by the way, this bike had the original Allstate safety tread whitewall tires, which I have removed but saved, had a Goodyear triple circle date code showing the first quarter of 1964, as I have the bicycle tire date code deciphering sheet that explains how to date your old tires, so that is probably when this bike was made. Not in 1966. I checked and double checked this with several outside sources, and they all confirm this date.

Jim.

Attachments

• Spaceliner in shop daily photo with crashrail and hubcap 10-18-2012.jpg
    Spaceliner in shop daily photo with crashrail and hubcap 10-18-2012.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Got my truss bar set coming!

Izee2 came through again for me!:D He had a friend who found me the exact truss rod assembly. It's from a Murray Meteor Flite. Murray built the Spaceliner for Sears. It is already on it's way to me. Thanks, to everyone who helped me here, and on the SchwinnBikeForum.:)

Jim.

Attachments

• Z45qel.jpg
    Z45qel.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
My 2 will be coming outta paint in a week then was thinking to list them to move in time for the holidays, too many hobbies.

Here's one I restored a year or so ago. I've been thinking about repainting the tank and rack a more accurate color though. I've got more pics/details in my album.

DSC08518.jpg
DSC08517.jpg

J.C. Higgins Flighliner

Here's my chrome framed Flightliner. I bought it locally (Chicago suburbs) this summer from another middle-aged guy who'd had it in safe keeping for ten years or so. I disassembled the bike down to the bare frame so that I could repack all the bearings and clean every part meticulously. The bike is about 98% complete.

Flightliner1079.jpg

Larmo63, drabe and SlyRed...beautiful examples and a great picture for those that need the reference.
I must admit that when the wife and I cruise the Va Beach boardwalk on our Astro Flites there are many headturners and finger pointers (admirers).
These chromed frames and the vibrant red and teal or blue colors are a great match and really pop.

Thanks for posting.
JD
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back