When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice beautiful bikes since the last time I looked, as soon as I get rid of some bikes I will finally get to my Spaceliner.

1963 Flightliner

JD56 I bet you remember this bike. Many of pieces came from a girls JC Higgins donor bike I bought from JD also. Recent upgrade was a Bendix kick back. I now have all the pieces to build it back stock, maybe some day.
Kenny
img_2551-1.jpg

img_2735-1.jpg

img_2659-1.jpg

img_2739-1.jpg

Last edited:
Kenny is that the chromed frame I gave you or did I sell it to you? Dont matter I want it back....lol
If I only new you had the magic, I would have had you do all my work and just sit back and reap the finger pointing from the admirers.
Still havent forgot the ride we talked about but just been too dang busy to do anything enjoyable.
We may have to wait for the spring.
Nice job on the Higgins.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
24" Spaceliner in rare "Coppertone"

Why, Why, Why do people paint bikes?? I just picked up this "one-of-a-kind", Coppertone Spaceliner - a 24" tire bike. I believe the 24" models were made only in '64 & '65. Green paint & chrome undernearh. I also picked up a gallon of laquer thinner & some rubber gloves at the Home Depot on my way home!

Attachments

• 24in Spaceliner (1).JPG
    24in Spaceliner (1).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 24in Spaceliner.JPG
    24in Spaceliner.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 152
Why, Why, Why do people paint bikes?? I just picked up this "one-of-a-kind", Coppertone Spaceliner - a 24" tire bike. I believe the 24" models were made only in '64 & '65. Green paint & chrome undernearh. I also picked up a gallon of laquer thinner & some rubber gloves at the Home Depot on my way home!

So this was an original coppertone or was it green?
Either way Ive never seen either color on any type of chrome spaceliner styled bike.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I believe the 24" models were made only in '64 & '65.

The 24" boys and girls models were made during the entire Spaceliner run, but the design (and model number) changed in '66. It looks like you have the deluxe 24" girls bike (model 46971) that was built in '64 & '65. After that the design changed to the thrust forward configuration and the 24" girls deluxe became model 46972 from '66 through '68.

What's the serial number, by the way?

Last edited:
Back