When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your Chromed Spaceliner style bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Picked these two up today in a package deal.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice HIDDEN.
painted frame looks to be a Western Flyer.
Chrome looks to be close to an all original Deluxe Spaceliner. I'll assume it is a dual switched tanklight model. Rare to find these with the tailight lens.
Needs the correct pedals.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Ya, the painted frame is a western flyer cosmic flyer. They both seem to be fairly original. The Spaceliner is a springer deluxe with the two speed hub.

Spaceliner ?

I have what I think is a spaceliner but the stamping on the left lower is ( MOW 64x10 594947 can someone tell me what I have thanks

I have what I think is a spaceliner but the stamping on the left lower is ( MOW 64x10 594947 can someone tell me what I have thanks

This is a copy of what I posted in your other thread about this.

If the serial number starts with MOW, then it definitely isn't a Spaceliner (or any other bike from Sears). Sears serial numbers begin with 502.

MO signifies it was built by Murray. Murray built bikes under their own brand name as well as under contract for many other brands (even though Murray built many bikes under the Sears or J.C. Higgins label for Sears, the serial numbers will always start with 502).

The W indicates it was built in 1963 (which incidentally pre-dates the first year of Spaceliner production, anyway).

64 indicates the model (but I'm not familiar enough to tell you what it is).

The X10 indicates the bike was built for Western Auto, which means the bike brand is a Western Flyer. This is the key bit of info. you're looking for.

Once you post a picture, somebody will be able to identify your bike model pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Thanks this has really helped me, I am waiting for my son to help me take pictures and post, he is familiar with it. the bike is not complete and not worth a lot but love to search out and find information on old stuff.

My 7 tank space liner with working light and working rear, flashing tail light. Original Allstate tires in perfect condition, no wear or cracking and Allstate tubes. though front lens was broken in transit and had to replace that.
IMG_4712.jpg

A chrome, girls space liner i got for a friend. All original down to Allstate tires and tubes (now stored and riding on new rubber) Everything works, including the rear, flashing tail light
IMG_4035.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4742.jpg
    IMG_4742.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
My Spaceliner started off as bare frame bought off ebay. I scrounged up enough parts to build it to look like a drag bike. I just bought a nice womans Spaceliner and transfered the parts over to my mens bike. I still need to hunt down a second gerneration tank and chainguard.
Kenny
View attachment 523836
View attachment 523837
View attachment 523838
View attachment 523839
I'm an old guy hunting for an almost as old Flightliner, but I just have to say you've done an incredible job of bringing the old and new together. You really show off the timeless beauty of that old Spaceliner design. Bravo!

Back