When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your custom 3 Wheelers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JRE

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm getting ready to build a 3 wheeler for my Wifes cousins Boy. He's got some disabilities that keep him from riding on 2 wheels. He's been coming over and helping me with my Prewar bike builds and showing allot of interest in bikes. I found this 1950 Murry at a Car swap and have a trike kit minus the Wheels being given to me as a start. Looking for Ideas for a custom build.

20190602_120713.jpg

20190602_121011.jpg

20190602_121000.jpg

IMG_20150408_171812172.jpg

IMG_20150408_171858121.jpg

IMG_20150408_171745918.jpg

IMG_20150408_171618528.jpg

A few pics of the custom trike I built with some parts from a girl's X-53 for the Build Off on ratrodbikes in 2012. Didn't quite finish in time for judging (had to assemble pedals, seat and run cables) It came equipped as a 5 speed. Shifter inside floating tank.;) Not your Granny's cruiser!

Coming soon.
The rear end is from a sun atlas heavy duty. It has a band brake and a freewheel. The frame is a 24 inch J C Higgins. You can see where I notched the rear end for the chain stays to seat into the frame of the trike rear end, that will be covered over with a steel plate to keep the chain stays secure. I am probably going to build a stake bed in the back.

20190610_194059.jpg

20190610_194109.jpg

This one came to be during the time of boredom in the middle of 2015. I had gotten most of the necessary parts together over a couple of years prior. and finally decided to makr it a bit easier to move the parts pile around... in one piece!
I've ridden it around the neighborhood some, and the kids seem to like it. (Maybe I should sell it?)

The best part is not having to balance when stopped.
Here for the ideas that may be used by anyone who cares to.. 26" middleweight fork, 1959 20" girls frame up front, modified Town & Country rear section, 24" balloon rear tires aftermarket basket, lots of fun...
59 J947336 B.jpg

Good luck with your project!
REC

my weekly rider around North Seattle. Adultrike was purchased 2 years ago after I had major . back surgery. The trike was in rougher shape then I was but some new wheels, box and some TLC I now have a bad ass cruiser. I currently have 3 other vintage projects I will be posting later. Elgin. Hawthorne, Monark Rocket
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dc3.jpg

Back