When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your First Bike That Started It All

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My first… local find from Dustin in Costa Mesa

D0B1CD09-8F28-4863-89AD-B60CED582A61.jpeg

I fixed old bikes with my dad when I was a little kid he sold them at the Fleamarket fast forward I’m grown have my own kids I see this sitting in the dirt at a Fleamarket I goto looking for bb/ pellet guns and tools I ask the guy what he knows about it cause there’s no chain he said that a Aj Spalding chainless bike and your the first person to notice I ask the price he says $100 I said thanks and left I thought about it during the week and looked it up online and said dang I hope it’s still there ( the guys there every weekend same spot) well Saturday morning first thing I went back and it was still there I bought it and as I do with most things I over done it so now I gotta be picky

92203602-6CBB-4C72-A752-947A487454C2.jpeg

Always been into and ridden bikes. Hadn’t personally ever seen any vintage bikes till Dan Venturi rolled into town. Driving a white Chevy van with bikes inside and on the roof. Also pulling a trailer full. No idea what I was doing or looking at , bought a super rusty crusty 1955 Schwinn deluxe hornet. Expensive first lesson. Everything had to be replaced. Doh! No pics, way before cell phones. Man the stuff he had back in the early mid 90’s. Wish I had been more brand X then. Live and learn…

Always had used Schwinn's starting with a shop reconditioned 24 in. DX then 64 lime Stingray and next a 61 Continental but when Klunkers/beach cruisers came out I dug out my dads 55 Spitfire ( my cousin bought new ) and started hanging out at Gertrude's Pedal Pusher & Recycle cycle and it was all downhill from there🤪

this is the first bike that started it for me
found a 1936 CCM Flyte in a local antique store 25 years ago
it was all original but didn't know that and what I had found and didn't know how rare it was
sadly sold it ..... because I was more into CCM Marauder mustangs at the time being a young guy and I taugh the simple 2 color paint job was a repaint, only to find out it was original paint :(
I don't have an actual picture of the bike on my computer because, well, we had no computers back then and it was not as easy to research bikes back then

1936 CCM Flyte.jpg

1936 CCM Flyte 1.jpg

Last edited:
'61 Corvette that really got me into vintage bikes. That was almost 5 years ago. Have been into and working on bikes as long as I can remember. I think I was 6 or 7 when my Dad brought home a bunch of parts from the town dump. Aaaahhhh the good old days.

Back