When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your First Bike That Started It All

-
I traded a Penn Jigmaster for a 1960 Schwinn Tornado back in high school.
That was the first 26" wheel bike I had, Sting Ray's and 10 speeds before that.
I had been hanging around the Recycled Cycles Bike Shop, so my interest in old bikes started around then.
Mid to late 70s.
I sort of took a sabbatical during the road and mountain bike craze of the 80s & 90s.

I have always loved bikes as long as I can remember. My Maroon repainted 38 Schwinn B frame straight-bar in 2009 was the beginning of "collecting"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1475760733.057080.jpg

Found the CL pic when I sold it 2013

IMG_8244.JPG

1962 Hercules ten-speed I bought about 6 years ago. I went to look at a Peugeot for a randonneur build and came home with the Herc instead. Researching the Cyclo Benelux components lead me down this dark alley. I still have the Herc though my interest these days is in roadsters, my wrists and back don't do dropbars anymore.

P1010062 (1).JPG

004.JPG
LET,S SEE THE FIRST BIKE THAT STARED YOU OUT IN THE ANTIQUT CLASSIC BICYCLE HOBBY.... & HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE HOBBY.....

View attachment 367485

View attachment 367486

View attachment 367487

View attachment 367496

View attachment 367497 hear,s my firs,t bike that hook me and gave me the fever.... I have been sick now for 8 yr,s now
hear,s the first one :p:p:p original 1951 Columbia 5 star superb... in 8 yr,s now with 61 bike,s came off of CL for $700 it was the cool,s bike I had ever seen not knowing at that time even cooler bike,s were out there

Last edited:
Ugg....Thought I deleted this pic. This one shot says it all. Crappy repainted Schwinn in the background was given to my girl by some friends years ago. She wanted me to get a bike too. Spotted this Del Sol on CL & picked it up. Same seller had the ladies Sears Mainliner & my girl fell in love with it:confused:. Needless to say, we've moved on...:oops:
bicycleproject004.jpg

Back