When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your First Bike That Started It All

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is the start of collecting. Back around 1974 or so this bike was setting on the side of the rode and I went to the house and they said they put it by the road with the hope someone could use it. I am trying to sell it now someone in the family over the years thought they where a body man and told my brother he could fix the scratches on the front fender. When we saw what he could do we stopped him and primed the fender. He was not a body man. I come from a big family (8 kids and a single mother) so we could not afford bikes for the kids so we went around the area and picked up any parts we could for free and pieced them together. Never had a complete bike that I did not build myself from many other bikes till we got the Schwinn. Which I found out that it was a Whizzer that never had a motor installed. Still rides great!!!
P1200553.JPG

Hey guys. A friend of mine took me over to a ladies house after her husband passed away to pick up a couple old bikes she gave him. One was a 1958 middle weight Spitfire in great shape with nice original paint and the other was a 1941 Excelsior Dx that someone had painted silver, red and green. They painted everything including the Chrome, Tires and even the seat. I've had it for 30 years now. I removed the paint and it took most of the white paint off so I repainted the wings on the frame. The hole for the fender light had been filled in with lead and then bondo was over that. I fixed it and repainted the tip of the fender. I fixed the rack and tank and repainted them. I love it. Barry

SAM_2241.JPG
SAM_2263.JPG
SAM_2266.JPG
SAM_2267.JPG
SAM_2271.JPG
SAM_2272.JPG
SAM_2273.JPG
SAM_2284.JPG
SAM_2289.JPG
SAM_2299.JPG
View attachment 431600
SAM_2311.JPG
SAM_2317.JPG
SAM_2320.JPG
SAM_2321.JPG
SAM_2323.JPG
SAM_2324.JPG
SAM_2409.JPG

View attachment 431596

Unless it's in a picture with my old collie when I was 8 or 9 (which I'm not sure I have on me, probably with my mother) that bike never got photographed, but it was a yellow five speed diamond frame, have no idea of the make.

Back