When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your Wood Wheels!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mo' Faux

Ballontyre posted some great pages from the Sears Elgin catalogs from the thirties a while back. One of them was from spring 1934, they advertised just under two thousand of these economy camelbacks for sale. I picked this one up at the 2013 fall Dudley swap. ( Next one, a week & a half away ). It was pretty crusty & what was left of the wheels were wrong & shot. Painted aluminum hoops that look good, not too close. This is a really nice rider.

P1010006.jpg

This might be my favorite thread on this forum. Keep the wood wheel pics coming

A pair of metal clad ladies. Both of these girls were battered, white washed, stripped of all dignity (and parts that could be used on boy's bikes), then cast into the street. Well, parking lot at swap meet, where I found them. Guess I figured that I could have my way with them then. Fenders, seats, lights , wheels, etc. all came from different swaps. Both sets of metal clads were single tubes, cut grooves for clinchers using knowledge gained from this forum. Westfield Elgin & Colson Silver Ring, both early thirties. Starting to run low on my wood wheels, though that may change after the Dudley swap this weekend.

P1010011.jpg

Back