When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your Wood Wheels!

-
This thread is great!

Had to post my 1898 Columbia Model 50 here to go with the 1898 Columbia posted earlier.
1898Columbia.jpg

1898Columbia.jpg

oldspoke, that Stearns is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful machine. Would love to hear the story on how you found it...

Hello Boardhoarder.

Thanks for your comments. It is rare to find cycles in original kit and cosmetics. This bike was sold to me by a fellow whose 92 year old father had given it to him. His dad was given the bike long ago by a buddy and fellow cyclist. This must have been in the 30's when most folks were on balloon tire bikes.

I bought it when a friend and fellow collector pointed it my way. I own a couple of Stearns, a chainless and a women's cycle with a very colorful history. My friend is a true gentlemen, great guy, and one of the reasons why the bicycle hobby is such a great hobby.

Thanks for the backstory, oldspoke. I love hearing stories of how people find these things just as much as I enjoy seeing the photos of them. What a great find.

And I'd love to see your other Stearns one of these days, if you are keen to post some photos.

Wow Glenn, that Stearns Special is fantastic - good for you, man.
I may be up your way after Christmas and if so, I'll stop in.
Cheers,
Dean

Back