When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your Wood Wheels!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1901 Fowler "KING BEE RACER"

IMG_2552.jpg

Picked up a pair of these really nice single tube red re- pro's. Grabbed them at Dudley, in the parking lot, on the way in. I was in the swap meet , combat (you all know what I mean) mode & didn't notice that they were solids till I was loading more stuff on top of them, in the truck later. One was loose, the other mounted on a metal clad (photo two). Nice graphics & the tread pattern is spot on. Wasn't able to locate much info. on these. Want to put them on my 1901 Nyack (photo one). Mounted the front tire yesterday. I've mounted a fair amount of tires with varying degrees of difficulty, anywhere from, piece of cake, to, a real bitch. I started w/ the loose one, soaked in in a hot, hot bathtub for an hour, then tried to wrestle in on w/ my standard priers till the wood was creaking & a spoke went off like a gallery shot. Regrouped, ran a hotter bath, added boiling water, let soak & found a new spoke. Brought out the big guns, lower right , photo two. That nail puller got the tire on & that big screw driver helped get the nail puller out. It was close, could've gone either way. Finished very cleanly, considering. An experience, on the degrees of difficulty chart, I'd go with "real motherf*%#er". Not looking to do the second one too soon. Plan to lick my wounds & wait for warmer weather. Any input or advise on these would be appreciated.
http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/wood-wheel-tire-mounting.107478/

DSC02270.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

Back