When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's See Your Wood Wheels!

-
1900ish Atherton, killer Sanger
IMG_0630.JPG
adjustable bars....

1897 Andrae "racer".. Not track bike.. 26" tall frame.. 1" wide rims.. Very light.. Haven't decided weather to restore or not...

View attachment 464354

View attachment 464355

View attachment 464356

That's a great bike Dave! I spoke to Alfred quite a bit about this bike and I'm glad it found a new home. I think I would leave it original for now until you really look it over good and decide on a full restoration. All the information that I have on these Andrae track racers is that they were coming in at 18 - 20lbs compared to what this one was. I was puzzled because all my catalogue info from 1896 - 1900 didn't show the 5 pin ring.
A beautiful piece either way and looks great with the wood setup on it! Nice score!

That's a great bike Dave! I spoke to Alfred quite a bit about this bike and I'm glad it found a new home. I think I would leave it original for now until you really look it over good and decide on a full restoration. All the information that I have on these Andrae track racers is that they were coming in at 18 - 20lbs compared to what this one was. I was puzzled because all my catalogue info from 1896 - 1900 didn't show the 5 pin ring.
A beautiful piece either way and looks great with the wood setup on it! Nice score!
I'm guessing it's a 97-98......

Back