When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lexington Badged Schwinn...Just Bought It!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
🍒

Looks like a possible 1947 or late 46? Tapered stand with the stand tube angle not as steep as the early post war pieces and it appears to me that the drop outs are thicker. Drop center rims pre 1948. The serial stamping has clean thick hard struck numbers also unlike the real early post war pieces.

I've found more production details and have come to the conclusion that this a 1945 model.

Last edited:
bike was on facebook for ages at an unrealistic price...hopefully the seller came back down to earth

bike was on facebook for ages at an unrealistic price...hopefully the seller came back down to earth

Read the beginning of the Post. After 24 weeks at $700...it had just come down to $299...and I took it home for $170. 😎

Seeing the way that the bike was "stored" in his garage, and being banged around with other bikes, I can only assume that most of the scratches/dings were from him.
I was shocked, though, to see the Goodyear tires that were still on it. Only missing the rear reflector! 🙂

Last edited:
I started to clean the rims, and I'm not sure what plating is on there. Nickel? They're certainly not chrome. Anyone care to enlighten me?

IMG_2107.jpg

Back