When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Libertas 1971 touring frame Reynolds 531DB

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@non-fixie You are probably a little correct about me aiming "a little high" regarding the workmanship quality since I do tend to ride higher grade bikes in general; but I still get out on my 3 speeds for the somewhat more relaxing rides. I did want a vintage lightweight touring frame though, and this would have fit the bill in that aspect.

I have an old Nishiki Gran Tour 15 that was gifted to me for delivering a bike to another member on one of my, as @juvela would say, peregrinations. I showed up at the guy's place went and on a nice relaxing ride of his area with him. I had merely asked for a 6 pack of the local beers (which he provided!); but he surprised me with the Nishiki frame.

I never built it up, so it is now in my sights again. It is smaller than the Libertas, but I think it is bigger than I remembered having taken another look at it; maybe 1 cm smaller height and reach. I never have built up a Japanese bike from scratch so I guess I will learn what I need on it since I have no idea as to BB threading or length, steerer threads, etc. I've got plenty of Japanese derailleurs, bars, stems, seat posts, and pedals I've gathered through the years, so I only need a wheelset, BB, and headset to get it on the road.

Back