When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

License Plate Story

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

frankster41

I live for the CABE
As a kid I lived in New Holstein Wi. To get a license plate you had to go down to the city garage. To get the number 1 plate you had to get there early. In 1971 at age 11, I got there early and was waiting on the south side of the building like always. A half hour goes by and I am the only one there and thinking how for the next year I would be riding around town displaying the #1 plate.
All of a sudden I hear voices from the north side of the building, so I go back there to see whats going on. Three kids are waiting in line and this year they said the plates would be given out on the north side. Well I guess I will have to settle for the #4 plate. I will tell you what I made sure that didn't happen the next year. In 1972 I got there extra early about 5am, plates were handed out at 9am. At about 6am kids were lining up behind me and I knew I would ride around town for the next twelve months displaying the #1 plate. When the plates expired I nailed them to the garage wall. When my dad passed away in 1998 I took the plates down and hung onto them. I still have them today and now at 57 years old I still proudly display that #1 plate.

20161011_221050.jpg

20161011_220854.jpg

Great story. The story of the #4 plate sounds like that could of been me waiting. Try to plan, and something always fargs it up.

Back