When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lil Chik...Fair Lady...Pixie...and a Sears...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Why do I keep searching the Internet for deals? This has to stop. I can't turn down anything that appears to be a good deal and is within 50 miles or so of my house (these were 235 miles away).
Still not sure about my "deal", but here they are.

1980 Fair Lady 3-speed...1967 Lil Chik...1980 Pixie...and yeah, a Sears Free Spirit that went with the deal (which I'll give way). Condition is a bit worse on the paint, and especially on the rims, than I had originally thought from the photos. Ironically, the banana seats are in very good condition!
I still think I can make a go of the Schwinn's as riders when my Grandaughters come to visit (my son bought them new bikes for Christmas). LOTS of cleaning, polishing, etc. for that to happen, but I have plenty of time (after I finish the Moulton I'm working on).

The three Schwinn's are 100% original, right down to the dried out tires. Should be interesting to see how long all this will take :tonguewink:.
By the way, seller offered them all up at $100, so I figured what the heck.

Part of the fun, Fred, is the hunt then the road trip to follow no matter the distance.
Recently, I was looking at a "deal" in Delaware about 4 hours away. I kept looking at the listing day after day, worrying about it. The thoughts of "Do I really want to spend money on this", "spend the time going to retrieve it".....Then one morning ,I checked the ad again...it was gone. Sad , but almost a relief.

Nice score you got though.

Part of the fun, Fred, is the hunt then the road trip to follow no matter the distance.
Recently, I was looking at a "deal" in Delaware about 4 hours away. I kept looking at the listing day after day, worrying about it. The thoughts of "Do I really want to spend money on this", "spend the time going to retrieve it".....Then one morning ,I checked the ad again...it was gone. Sad , but almost a relief.

Nice score you got though.

You're right about the Hunt, though. It's really as exciting, if not more so, as when you go to bike the bike up!

I just came in from the garage where I placed them as it looked like rain when I brought them home. Happily, I took a brass brush (even without WD-40 on it) and did a "Test Brushing" on one of the worst looking parts on the Fair Lady rim. Rust came right off. I feel so much better now!! :p

Last edited:
Back