When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lil Sting Ray Super Deluxe - Warning: not an antique trike thread!

-

SoBayRon

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So I see this cool looking Schwinn trike with a springer up for sale on the web the other night. Thought it would be a cool man cave type piece. My wife loved it and immediately thought it would be a great add to the Christmas decor as well. So, of course I go get it. The owner was a lowrider bike guy and had bought this for his little girl and unfortunately she didn’t really take to it so he packed it back up and put it in the rafters for a few years. I cleaned it all up today and it is nearly mint with just a couple of blemishes And some yellowing of the banana seat. Did some minimal research and apparently the springer version was only made in 2016 and they have become somewhat collectible. Not too many Super Deluxe models out there for sale (lots of them without the springer front end) and the ones I saw were pretty pricey. If anyone else has one or has any input, please post, feel free to share and thanks for looking!

B7FB2ECB-73A5-4B85-BABE-745242EFFC7A.jpeg

A632DDE1-7459-4C0B-B139-DB82B943CE15.jpeg

CC3058EC-6B82-42CE-8D08-41537FB768B2.jpeg

EE0FEEA9-43BD-4045-BD33-7D95871556BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Just gave one of those to a neighbor kid but I was really tempted to keep it. Seemed like a really good quality item for something meant for kids. I did keep the "let's ride" plate even though it doesn't really work with any of my Schwinns.

Hello,
I don't realize: what age (size) is it for children?

Back