When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lime 2 speed kickback?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not to take this thread to far off its tracks, but there actually is a green band bendix hub based off the kickbacks... don't think I'd call it lime though.
Red band 60-64
Yellow band 65-70
Blue band OD 65-70
Green band ??? Its a single speed based off the yellow and blue band models. Uses some of the internals but no gears inside. My guess is it was made before the Bendix 70 as a cost cutting measure. Shared parts and same size spokes for the bike mfg.

I had heard of this mythical green band kick back for a long time that had different gear ratios and stronger internals. But its not (haven't seen any paper work on them) they are single speeds. I've seen 4, one was just a repainted red band but the others are singles. There are 2 members here that have them.

My OG Lime 65 J38-1 overdrive 2 spd
1658211909754.png

Last edited:
My 1965 J39-1 2 speed overdrive with front caliper brake. View attachment 1665312
Nice Lime. I’ve seen this photo and a couple more years ago, but they are 10-20 footers.
Would it be possible to get “recent” additional photos up close of the Top Bar, Chain Guard and Fork please.
I recall this bike has a Silver Glow Tufted seat ??
Plus, what month is this long frame ‘65?
Thanks.

Back