When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Lincoln" Motorbike? What?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lobsterboyx

Wore out three sets of tires already!
So I picked this thing up today - Im guessing its schwinn built, but its got some weird stuff on it, but i couldent pass it up.

what the hell is it? Its got some great parts on it and it rides like a dream... its no small fry either, the wheel base on this thing is huge, and for the first time in a long time, i felt confident enough with an old bike to really crank on it. this thing is stout...

e94ea435-1.jpg

b8a5c420-1.jpg

3f2c9d93-1.jpg

1a03878d-1.jpg

7176af60-1.jpg

3e2290e6-1.jpg

c79af350-1.jpg

db27014c-1.jpg

d011e2fa-1.jpg

b10e? b9? pre 33? teach me please!

32af2a35-1.jpg

b17097f2-1.jpg

9453deae-1.jpg

b655f257-1.jpg

whatever it may be, im guessing the seat, rack and guard are wrong... but i still really like it and think im going to rock it how she sits, plus or minus a few more motorbikey parts.

I think the only thing Schwinn about the bike might be the badge and crank! Fork from a Murray made bike like a Higgens or something?
But don't let that sound like I'm knocking the bike, it's cool! I'd rock it just like it is too, the cream paint, chrome rims, and red tires look really good together.
Hey it's got an actual drop stand, something I've never had.

Dude those wheels are awesome! I want some of those!! Almost look like worksman wheels or ice sream cart i'm thinking? You must be catching up to me now with a bike count huh? LOL!!

I think the only thing Schwinn about the bike might be the badge and crank! Fork from a Murray made bike like a Higgens or something?
But don't let that sound like I'm knocking the bike, it's cool! I'd rock it just like it is too, the cream paint, chrome rims, and red tires look really good together.
Hey it's got an actual drop stand, something I've never had.

Ditto,The seam between the rear forks and seat/chainstays doesn't look Schwinn to me. I could be wrong but I believe Schwinn crimped and brazed their frames and the crimping was much smoothger,stronger.

so then what the heck is it?!

i had my doubts, although the bike came with so many great parts, it was worth it no matter what.

A quick GIS revealed nothing to tell me that this is a worksman... all the worksmans ive seen have a kink in the downtube, this one is straight.

i have a pair of cross bar handlebars that i want to throw on it, i also have old brooks thats calling its name.

someone told me that the rack and chain guard was a dress up "kit" that you could buy in the 40s - confirm/deny?

The head badge is not correct for a couple of reasons. First it is not centered between the top and bottom of the headtube and second they used the wrong fastners, they should be screws not rivits. As far as the frame and fork go I think you might be looking at an Elgin. The serial# and the original head badge hole spacing might be good clue's as to what it is.

Back