When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lindy project

-
IMG_1789.JPG
IMG_1791.JPG
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_1794.JPG

I used three different blues and an oxide red to match as close as possible. I'll add patina later once dry and blend the two areas.

I know I know... it doesn't say "Lindy". The same cigar tank was used on both but I haven't yet the will to destroy the original iver paint & logo. Still holding out for an alternate before I repaint this one in Lindy colors.

Last edited:
Also, just to be clear, this is not a modified Iver Johnson tank adapted to my Shelby frame. It is an original Iver tank repaired to original dimensions. It had been butchered by someone somewhere along its history.

These particular Iver cigar tanks are, to my knowledge, the same tanks used on the Shelby Lindy and Whippet in 1928.

So...
if anyone is looking for an original paint (sorta') Iver Johnson cigar tank, this one may be available if I can locate another that I will feel less badly repainting in "Lindy" colors and graphics (like a non-og paint one)

Please keep a look out.. thanks!

...Ima' get started on that frame now.

Last edited:
Whippet tank looks similar to that one, except for the front bracket. Also the Columbia below look similar too. Hey, my Iver needs a tank. I will send you a PM.

Whippet06.jpg

Columbia with cigar tank.jpg

Last edited:
Back