When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LINUS ELYIAN tires on wood rim ... need advice

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pat44

On Training Wheels
Just tried to mount the Linus on wood rim last night ... very tight fit to say the least.
Is there any "easy" way to do it. I'm reluctant to use tire irons. Maybe I should try the garbage bag method. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Rims are 1957mm and 1952mm (bead circumference) so it should work with the Elysian.

Thanks in advance
Pat

Last edited:
If your using original old wood rims it is hit and miss trying to get Modern tires to fit. I take it this is on a Canadian bike with Dunlop style wood rims. Modern tires are metric measurement. Original would be inch measurement. I usually route out the centre and the bead to make them fit.Also lower the spoke nipple hole a bit. A lot of work. I have done this for years . But have come to the conclusion that the Stutzman repro wood rims are the way to go, with the metal insert. Have used about 8 pair of his rims with excellent results. Just my take on it.

Plastic tire levers, be prepared to accept a few dents in the wood and to break the spoke hook end off a lever or two. I didn't try heating the tires much first, so that might help, but I put them on new CB Italias and it is a nightmare—literally the worst thing I've had to with bikes and a close run for anything including boats and cars. I've swapped engines in less time and with far less swearing.

Back