When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Liquidation due to health issues...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I told my mom to stop complaining about all my stereo gear, records and tapes, just go find the happy fools who will take over parts or all of my crap and cover whatever the funeral plan doesn't. She never understood why I have so much stuff, and I told her it has a lot to do with accidentally pumping unleaded in a diesel Chevette and losing two weeks pay, which was the difference between a clearance Pioneer receiver and the 16 watt per channel Sanyo I eventually got in 1981 when my Dad (service station owner) said I needed to work all summer there to get my school stuff as well as my first stereo system.

That Sanyo 2016 used a Darlington (IC) amp package and nine years later during the broadcast premiere of Star Wars IV (A New Hope), watching a 13" black and white set with one of those Recoton MTS stereo TV decoders with that Shotz RF probe that picked up the stray signal from the set and fed the audio to my stereo...

pfffffffffffffft

Just as R2 and 3PO had crash landed the escape pod on Tatooine and 3PO was about to start the Laurel and Hardy 'A fine mess you've gotten us into!" routine,

Easily avoidable if I could have bought a REAL stereo with REAL discrete output transistors and diodes...

After that I found whatever neat stuff I could, pre eBay, no way I knew to get things fixed when they broke, and I learned to have backups. Eventually that became a collection. When I die, it should take care of my final expenses.

I keep telling Mom I'm building a couple bikes for nieces or nephews and all I hear is they've got a bike. Of course, this is after I equipped all of them with stereo systems from what I had, records and blank tapes as well. Well, I set my sister's kids up with a $10 PC and hard drives I set up with Linux as well and Uncle Saving Tempest has skills to them but Mom still didn't get it.

I told her sort of bluntly that with my health and the way my 45-55 year old friends have been dying lately I expect that she will be burying me and not my siblings. Dad died of lung cancer in 2011 and I lost any illusions of immortality years before that. Now I'd like my family to get over the I only need one and take a gift. I don't care how much I spent on it, I learned something and there it is, just take it. It isn't fattening.

All of my bikes are different colors. I have assigned my heaviest hitter prewar Schwinn AKA.. 'the black one" to my oldest Grandson since he is my main "road dog " riding partner already at 7 years old. I told the family I will leave a handwritten personal note rolled up in the handlebars behind the right grip wirh instructions of what bike is and what its worth. then he can do what he wants with it. keep it, ride, it , or even sell it for college $$$. .

Last edited:
All of my bikes are different colors. I have assigned my heaviest hitter prewar Schwinn AKA.. 'the black one" to my oldest Grandson since he is my main "road dog " riding partner already at 7 years old. I told the family I will leave a handwritten personal note rolled up in the handlebars behind the right grip wirh instructions of what bike is and what its worth. then he can do what he wants with it. keep it, ride, it , or even sell it for college $$$. .
I keep purchase and sales data in the file marked "Daves Stuff" on my desktop, just to the upper left of where I'm currently typing, as you can plainly see. I update the totals every few years so that my girlfriend has some idea of what things are worth. I've also designated one of my friends as her contact. I like your idea too!!!

Last edited:
I have people stopping by all the time and asking if I am selling bikes.I decided to make tags for every bike on the back of my card and hang them on each bike in a clear plastic sleeve. It gives year,model and other info plus the price. My kids dont have to know anything about a bike and can have a good idea what each one is worth. They will have a good idea of value and can negotiate from there.I also did that for my other collectable pedal cars,toys,etc.

Ahh!
The old question of mortality?
We all think we're going to live forever, and we collect these things like there's no end.
Some collect because of the value, and some collect because of the love.
It's easy for the collector for value to sell their things, because in the end, it was always about the money it could bring.
But, the guy who collects because of love, is the guy who has a hard time parting with his cherished items, until the day he is on his death bed.
Then, it's off to the next of kin.
I guess, I fall under the later type of collector.
My only hope, is that the next guy cares and enjoys the items as much as I have.
My fantasy, is to come to the realization at some point, that it's time to reverse the trend, and start putting these items back into circulation.
I would like to load it all up in a truck and drive it all the way from California to Copake, New York and fill up the auction and swap meet with a bunch of cool stuff, and have a blast watching it all get dispersed.
The problem with that scenario, is coming to that realization in time to do anything about it.
One things for sure.
When the time comes, the stuff will be cheap, so get your wallets ready, because I'll make you a smokin deal!

Back