When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little 1973 Indian 50cc

-

Gimletbikes

Finally riding a big boys bike
A friend and I will be refurbishing his first minibike. I'm a bike mechanic, not a small engine mechanic. I could use some advice before tearing into this one. I know how to make it shine, but I don't know if I can make it run. If you can help, or have tackled a similar project and can share some advice or references, please do. Also, the fork is bent, I will be trying to straighten that right off the bat. Thank you!

Indian15124.jpg

Indian15104.jpg

Indian15134.jpg

Indian15147.jpg

Indian15156.jpg

Indian15174.jpg

Indian15117.jpg

Indian15187.jpg

Flush/ drain oil- and- Spray wd40 all over moving parts/ spray carb cleaner into the carb( with air filter off) take off spark plug and with cable attached lay it on it’s side setting against the head in a dark room crank it over to see spark or not- if so and if throttle and everything turns- spray starter fluid and kick it over- if ANY signs of firing - that’s when the part begins

Back