When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little 500

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Breaking Away is a fun movie, but non-college students have never been allowed to ride in the race. My friend Tom worked on the movie as the bike tech and appears as the coach in the white short shorts during the race footage in the movie. LOTS of good stories from that guy.

Breaking Away is a fun movie, but non-college students have never been allowed to ride in the race...

I have never seen the race myself, however a quote from this article states: http://crasstalk.com/2012/04/indianas-little-500-the-worlds-greatest-college-weekend/

"Following the release of Breaking Away, a real-life Cutters team was formed, which still uses the same simple jerseys of the Cutters from the movie. They are traditionally either Bloomington locals or at the very least non-Greek, and have been tremendously successful, winning multiple races."

My friend Tom worked on the movie as the bike tech and appears as the coach in the white short shorts during the race footage in the movie. LOTS of good stories from that guy.

That is very cool, if you ever want to share any of these stories I'd sure like to hear them! This movie is a classic.

BADenniscapice.jpg

BAQUAID.jpg

I said Drop the Pizza... NOW !!!

76lil5win.jpg

How sweet it was! 40 years ago this year. Delta Chi 1976- that's me in the corner.

Last edited:

Found this which is a decent deal. It says 25th running of the women’s race on all frames from this year and this is actually a 56cm bike. The small frames top tube and downtube touch at the head tube junction. I don’t know this person, but thought it might be a good lead for you.

Back