When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lobdell Monark marbled seat?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I found this Lobdell seat. I think this goes on a forties Monark. Does anyone know if it has a specific model/year it belongs on? Or was it used on a bunch of Monarks?
I tried searching the CABE but only found a restored one.
IMG_20170820_121717.jpg
IMG_20170820_121750.jpg
IMG_20170820_121858.jpg
IMG_20170820_121952.jpg

I know for a fact '47 Hextube. I believe some of the early SDs had a marbled seat but I was thinking it was a different material. I could use an upgrade on mine;)

Last edited:
My Hextube seat has the Lobdell Emory stamp on the top.I have another without the stamp,but not sure what it came off of.

...I believe some of the early SDs had a marbled seat but I was thinking it was a different material. I could use an upgrade on mine;)

I've seen 2 types of material for these as well: a vinyl-type and less common oil-cloth as this one.
My guess would be that the oil cloth is earlier.

My Hextube seat has the Lobdell Emory stamp on the top.I have another without the stamp,but not sure what it came off of.

What year is your Hex Tube? Mine is a '47 and came with a seat exactly like what CDS2323 shows. V/r Shawn

1111 - Copy.JPG

Back