When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Shot Request for Info - Early 1920's 2-Way Bicycle Headlight Fork Bracket

-

MOTOmike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've been meaning to post this for a while....

I have a "2-way" electric bicycle light which is essentially a Delta teacup headlight with a red glass prism on the back side (see photos). This light acted as a headlight....and a rear light all in one as the red glass prism would glow when the light was turned on. The photos from the catalog are out of a 1921 Mead Ranger catalog. Does anyone have the original bracket that attached to the front fork (down by the axel) that this light would have been mounted to? I think the diameter of the "bar" that this light mounts to is probably the same diameter as a handlebar.

If anyone has a bracket like this on one of their bikes, I would appreciate several close-up photos and any useful measurements. If I can get detailed photos, I might try to fabricate something. OR...... if anyone actually has one of these brackets laying around that they would part with, let me know.

Any help will be very much appreciated. I would like to actually mount this to my bike.

Thanks,

Mike
e-mail: [email protected]

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:
Same here.
I've got the same light, but haven't found anyone yet, that has seen this type of bracket.

I think I have one that I can photograph for you, but I'm not sure when I can get to the bike in storage. Seeing that you originally posted in 2013, I'm guessing a couple of weeks won't kill you. Stay tuned.

Great observation!
I didn’t realize the year when the original thread was made until you mentioned it.
I thought it was recently.
Nevertheless, looking forward to your photo, Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Same here,
No rush on the photo, but would sure appreciate your efforts in seeing what the original bracket looked like.
If you decide to sell it after you've dug it out, let me know.
Thanks!

making one up shouldn't be too much of a chore. if I could see how the clamp transitions to the round stock that would be a big help.
(where are those pesky patent office guys when you really need them ? :D )
again, your help is appreciated.

Back