When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long Spring Saddle ID Help

-

Blue Streak

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Trying to determine maker of this long spring saddle. There is a name on the top of the leather saddle but too worn to read. On each side of saddle it says "OVB - Our Very Best". Overall length is 11-1/2" and width is 8-1/2". Thanks for any help with this.

IMG_8944.JPG

IMG_8945.JPG

IMG_8946.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8949.JPG

Stamp on top first letter G ?
Glory?
Take a better straight on photo of top stamping please. Also maybe do a tissue paper scribe on it. A few years back I had a very similar saddle if not the exact same that was stamped Racycle where your worn stamping is.

Here are two different close up photos of the top stamping. Looks like J _ _ N. Tissue paper did not work.

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

6953E6EF-CB63-4D66-97F9-6FFF868517DC.png
293B338F-0DEE-4958-83EB-FA2A89BEEE6F.png
I think 6 or 7 letters.
J U N I M or junior which does not make sense if it is full size. Could it be a word in Latin or Roman numerals?

It says “our very best over the OVB” the side. Used on Columbia’s other bikes of the teens and twenty’s

Thanks for everyone's input. I found the following reference and conclude that it was sold by Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Company of Chicago. Saddle No. 207 shown below from their 1915 catalog is similar but not exactly the same saddle. Still not sure what the stamp on top of saddle says but OVB on the sides confirms H.S.B. & Co. sold it.

Hibbard 1915.JPG

1915 Hibbard Spencer Bartlett Catalog Page 2309.JPG

1915 Hibbard Spencer Bartlett Catalog Page 2309 cropped.JPG

Last edited:
Back