When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long spring seat

-
Ernest I don't think there is anything you can buy to convert it. The saddle you are showing does not have a frame to accept a bolt and the separate springs you usually see on long spring saddles. The frame arms are weaved into the long helical springs when you assemble the pieces.

1582238488201.png
(Troxel 1911)
Usually there's 36 and 37 holding two different springs (33 and 34) to a frame (20).

The saddle you are showing has a bent rod frame for 20, weaved into a single long spring.

I think you should try to get what you have working as it is designed. It looks totally functional. I am trying to point out that the springs may be harder to find than the more common seat designs, if you ever need to replace them.

I've never seen a saddle with this design before Ernest. Maybe other CABE members are more familiar with it.

It reminds me of an old Brooks I had. 3 strands and twisted spring wire. Not like a hairpin, way fancier.
The clamp was like a standard old type with the plate on either side with three grooves that the wire frame was pinched in.

TonyD

Back