When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what rolled into my office this morning. Red Corvette

-
Very nice early Corvette, most of it will clean up nicely - there are some pits on some of the chrome that are now part of the bike. Patina! Your missing the rear reflector, best to place a wanted ad here rather than buy on Ebay.

Tire tube stem should be straightened before anything else is done. Good luck. That's what I need---an office.

Last edited:
And I would upgrade your bike with a front brake. You already have the right fork, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a caliper. The brake on the Bendix has a good reputation, but it never hurts to have a reserve, think of it like a parachute!

And I would upgrade your bike with a front brake. You already have the right fork, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a caliper. The brake on the Bendix has a good reputation, but it never hurts to have a reserve, think of it like a parachute!
I second that. Especially if it can be done without sacrificing authenticity, which seems to be the case here. A front brake is much more effective than a rear brake. When you brake hard, weight is shifted forward so the rear wheel locks up and loses traction (good for making cool skid marks, but not so good for stopping). A front caliper brake can be applied with finesse to optimize stopping while preventing lock-up. Another benefit is that the nice 2-speed hub will last longer if it can share stopping duties with a front caliper.
Have fun!

Back