Look what the Bike fairy brought me today

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
I lucked up today, and found this complete Higgin's Flightliner Serial # 502 46180 857985 (I haven't checked to see if there is any numbers on the bottom bracket yet). It had been stored for years in a garage, and the paint/frame are in nice shape. It was a good deal as we both walked away happy. BTW, I do have the lens for the rear rack light. I removed for transport. I'm looking forward to bringing the old gal back to life. I want to thank all of you good folks for the info that has helped me in my search for my very first classic bike. I'm sure there will more questions as I progress with this one.

higgins 2.jpg

higgins 20.jpg

higgins 17.jpg

higgins 13.jpg

higgins 15.jpg

higgins 11.jpg

higgins 12.jpg

Last edited:

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
Very cool! Keep us posted on your progress.BTW..who is the young lady with her arms crossed with that " What did you buy" look? LOL.
His Mom isn't happy about his new cruiser :p:tearsofjoy:. Jokin'. Congrats on the purchase bud. Did you by chance buy this from a cool guy named Tim ?

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Very cool! Keep us posted on your progress.BTW..who is the young lady with her arms crossed with that " What did you buy" look? LOL.
That would be my CEO, and CFO. She's had that look many times over the last 40 years that she has taken me on as a project. Actually she has been quite good at putting up with my craziness over all of that time. :)

His Mom isn't happy about his new cruiser :p:tearsofjoy:. Jokin'. Congrats on the purchase bud. Did you by chance buy this from a cool guy named Tim ?
Mommy said as long as I eat my vegetables I could have a new play toy. ;)

We're in Myrtle Beach right now, and actually found it on Facebook Marketplace in a small town just east of here called Little River. The gentleman (Dave) that posted it is taking care of his Aunt, and Uncles estate who were hoarders of a sort. He found it packed away behind a very nice Austin Healy that was covered with all sorts of stuff that was packed into a two car garage.

Basically anything that keeps me out of her hair is what sh'e thinking. :)

Last edited:

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Nice bike! It's going to clean up very nicely if that's what you choose to do.
Steve, that's the plans. Clean it without taking the "patina" away. There's only one thing I best not attempt to work on, and that's the kickback hub. I'm not at all familiar with that set up, and wouldn't want to chance screwing it up. So I'll take it to our friend @bikemonkey (Mike), and let him do his magic.

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm quite happy with this find. BTW, does anyone know where I can find the little clip that holds the brake arm in place?

Reactions: Superman1984

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2016
North Carolina , Albemarle, NC, United States
Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm quite happy with this find. BTW, does anyone know where I can find the little clip that holds the brake arm in place?
Very nice score!

Got you covered on your brake strap and bolt...bring the bike on over or just the rear wheel when you are ready for servicing.

Mike

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Very nice score!

Got you covered on your brake strap and bolt...bring the bike on over or just the rear wheel when you are ready for servicing.

Mike
@bikemonkey , Thanks Mike, I'll let ya know when I'm coming. The bike is at a friends house in Myrtle Beach right now. I've gotta go back home, pick up the Jeep, go back, and bring 'er home. But, that will give me another reason to go to the beach. :)

Reactions: bikemonkey

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
That would be my CEO, and CFO. She's had that look many times over the last 40 years that she has taken me on as a project. Actually she has been quite good at putting up with my craziness over all of that time. :)

Mommy said as long as I eat my vegetables I could have a new play toy. ;)

We're in Myrtle Beach right now, and actually found it on Facebook Marketplace in a small town just east of here called Little River. The gentleman (Dave) that posted it is taking care of his Aunt, and Uncles estate who were hoarders of a sort. He found it packed away behind a very nice Austin Healy that was covered with all sorts of stuff that was packed into a two car garage.

Basically anything that keeps me out of her hair is what sh'e thinking. :)
Glad to see you have a sense of humor ;) It's a nice find. Another Spacer .... now I want 1 .... to The Galaxy & Beyond hahaha

Reactions: Wanted33

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
Glad to see you have a sense of humor ;) It's a nice find. Another Spacer .... now I want 1 .... to The Galaxy & Beyond hahaha
Superman, Here's one that I was seriously thinking about until I found the Higgins. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Pageland if you're interested. I haven't ask the seller any questions, and from the pictures doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. It is missing the tank, and the rear light unit. But, it's a Spaceliner. :)

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
Superman, Here's one that I was seriously thinking about until I found the Higgins. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Pageland if you're interested. I haven't ask the seller any questions, and from the pictures doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. It is missing the tank, and the rear light unit. But, it's a Spaceliner. :)

I appreciate the heads up but it may be a while as I have started getting into the too many zone & they'll all incomplete or torn apart projects BUT I Really do need 1 nice bike to ride that I can enjoy while I keep envisioning projects that are taking their time to come slowly together

The Carolina Rambler

Nov 25, 2018
North Carolina
I wasn't sure if anyone answered this part yet, but I would recommend perhaps going to a scrap yard or similar place, and finding a brake arm strap there off of a junk bike. Or alternatively maybe a bike shop would have one laying around as parts somewhere. You could also make one out of a little bit of steel pretty easily as well. That is a nice find you've got there! Polish her up, some new whitewalls perhaps, and you'll be all set. If you get whitewalls, I strongly recommend getting 1.75 inchers, and not 2.125 inchers. Your bike was designed for 1.75 inch tires I believe, and any larger and you might have problems with the tires rubbing or grazing the wheel wells. Keep us posted on getting her going!

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
I wasn't sure if anyone answered this part yet, but I would recommend perhaps going to a scrap yard or similar place, and finding a brake arm strap there off of a junk bike. Or alternatively maybe a bike shop would have one laying around as parts somewhere. You could also make one out of a little bit of steel pretty easily as well. That is a nice find you've got there! Polish her up, some new whitewalls perhaps, and you'll be all set. If you get whitewalls, I strongly recommend getting 1.75 inchers, and not 2.125 inchers. Your bike was designed for 1.75 inch tires I believe, and any larger and you might have problems with the tires rubbing or grazing the wheel wells. Keep us posted on getting her going!

Thanks Rambler. Our friend here @bikemonkey (Mike) will service the rear hub for me (I've never seen one, and don't want to screw it up), and he said he has the brake clamp I need. And thanks on the tire sizing info. Honestly I didn't even look at the tire size on the bike, and wasn't really sure what size came on these middleweights. And whitewalls were already in my mind. We're still out of town, and the bike is at a friends house in Myrtle Beach until I can get it home. I'm itching to get at it, and see what it will look like when I'm through. I will keep you posted here.

Reactions: Superman1984

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2016
North Carolina , Albemarle, NC, United States
That Spaceliner is a sweet deal at $75 - the good parts on $paceliner-type bikes is like money in the bank...

Jim - are you coming to the Hurricane Coaster show on Sat? Good place to pick up those whitewall tires, etc. I can try and scout out a pair for you if you can't make it.

Wanted33

Oct 6, 2019
Concord, NC
That Spaceliner is a sweet deal at $75 - the good parts on $paceliner-type bikes is like money in the bank...

Jim - are you coming to the Hurricane Coaster show on Sat? Good place to pick up those whitewall tires, etc. I can try and scout out a pair for you if you can't make it.
I wish I could Mike, but we're out of town until the 9th. What luck, a swap meet 4 miles from the house, and I'm nowhere close. :)

Superman1984

Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
@Wanted33 I ended up with this
20200130_233948.jpg

by trading 2 crusty muscle bikes. It's been rattle canned but seems to be a sturdy ol'girl. Haven't dated it yet but seems like Space bikes are coming back in 2020 ;)

Reactions: Wanted33
This ad goes away when you register for an account!