When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what the Bike fairy brought me today

-

Wanted33

Finally riding a big boys bike
I lucked up today, and found this complete Higgin's Flightliner Serial # 502 46180 857985 (I haven't checked to see if there is any numbers on the bottom bracket yet). It had been stored for years in a garage, and the paint/frame are in nice shape. It was a good deal as we both walked away happy. BTW, I do have the lens for the rear rack light. I removed for transport. I'm looking forward to bringing the old gal back to life. I want to thank all of you good folks for the info that has helped me in my search for my very first classic bike. I'm sure there will more questions as I progress with this one.

higgins 2.jpg

higgins 20.jpg

higgins 17.jpg

higgins 13.jpg

higgins 15.jpg

higgins 11.jpg

higgins 12.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool! Keep us posted on your progress.BTW..who is the young lady with her arms crossed with that " What did you buy" look? LOL.

That would be my CEO, and CFO. She's had that look many times over the last 40 years that she has taken me on as a project. Actually she has been quite good at putting up with my craziness over all of that time. :)

His Mom isn't happy about his new cruiser :p:tearsofjoy:. Jokin'. Congrats on the purchase bud. Did you by chance buy this from a cool guy named Tim ?

Mommy said as long as I eat my vegetables I could have a new play toy. ;)

We're in Myrtle Beach right now, and actually found it on Facebook Marketplace in a small town just east of here called Little River. The gentleman (Dave) that posted it is taking care of his Aunt, and Uncles estate who were hoarders of a sort. He found it packed away behind a very nice Austin Healy that was covered with all sorts of stuff that was packed into a two car garage.

Basically anything that keeps me out of her hair is what sh'e thinking. :)

Last edited:
Nice bike! It's going to clean up very nicely if that's what you choose to do.

Steve, that's the plans. Clean it without taking the "patina" away. There's only one thing I best not attempt to work on, and that's the kickback hub. I'm not at all familiar with that set up, and wouldn't want to chance screwing it up. So I'll take it to our friend @bikemonkey (Mike), and let him do his magic.

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm quite happy with this find. BTW, does anyone know where I can find the little clip that holds the brake arm in place?

Back