When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Look what the Bike fairy brought me today

-
Very nice score!

Got you covered on your brake strap and bolt...bring the bike on over or just the rear wheel when you are ready for servicing.

Mike

@bikemonkey , Thanks Mike, I'll let ya know when I'm coming. The bike is at a friends house in Myrtle Beach right now. I've gotta go back home, pick up the Jeep, go back, and bring 'er home. But, that will give me another reason to go to the beach. :)

That would be my CEO, and CFO. She's had that look many times over the last 40 years that she has taken me on as a project. Actually she has been quite good at putting up with my craziness over all of that time. :)

Mommy said as long as I eat my vegetables I could have a new play toy. ;)

We're in Myrtle Beach right now, and actually found it on Facebook Marketplace in a small town just east of here called Little River. The gentleman (Dave) that posted it is taking care of his Aunt, and Uncles estate who were hoarders of a sort. He found it packed away behind a very nice Austin Healy that was covered with all sorts of stuff that was packed into a two car garage.

Basically anything that keeps me out of her hair is what sh'e thinking. :)
Glad to see you have a sense of humor ;) It's a nice find. Another Spacer .... now I want 1 .... to The Galaxy & Beyond hahaha

Glad to see you have a sense of humor ;) It's a nice find. Another Spacer .... now I want 1 .... to The Galaxy & Beyond hahaha

Superman, Here's one that I was seriously thinking about until I found the Higgins. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Pageland if you're interested. I haven't ask the seller any questions, and from the pictures doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. It is missing the tank, and the rear light unit. But, it's a Spaceliner. :)

Superman, Here's one that I was seriously thinking about until I found the Higgins. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from Pageland if you're interested. I haven't ask the seller any questions, and from the pictures doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. It is missing the tank, and the rear light unit. But, it's a Spaceliner. :)

I appreciate the heads up but it may be a while as I have started getting into the too many zone & they'll all incomplete or torn apart projects BUT I Really do need 1 nice bike to ride that I can enjoy while I keep envisioning projects that are taking their time to come slowly together

Thanks for the compliments folks, I'm quite happy with this find. BTW, does anyone know where I can find the little clip that holds the brake arm in place?
I wasn't sure if anyone answered this part yet, but I would recommend perhaps going to a scrap yard or similar place, and finding a brake arm strap there off of a junk bike. Or alternatively maybe a bike shop would have one laying around as parts somewhere. You could also make one out of a little bit of steel pretty easily as well. That is a nice find you've got there! Polish her up, some new whitewalls perhaps, and you'll be all set. If you get whitewalls, I strongly recommend getting 1.75 inchers, and not 2.125 inchers. Your bike was designed for 1.75 inch tires I believe, and any larger and you might have problems with the tires rubbing or grazing the wheel wells. Keep us posted on getting her going!

I wasn't sure if anyone answered this part yet, but I would recommend perhaps going to a scrap yard or similar place, and finding a brake arm strap there off of a junk bike. Or alternatively maybe a bike shop would have one laying around as parts somewhere. You could also make one out of a little bit of steel pretty easily as well. That is a nice find you've got there! Polish her up, some new whitewalls perhaps, and you'll be all set. If you get whitewalls, I strongly recommend getting 1.75 inchers, and not 2.125 inchers. Your bike was designed for 1.75 inch tires I believe, and any larger and you might have problems with the tires rubbing or grazing the wheel wells. Keep us posted on getting her going!

Thanks Rambler. Our friend here @bikemonkey (Mike) will service the rear hub for me (I've never seen one, and don't want to screw it up), and he said he has the brake clamp I need. And thanks on the tire sizing info. Honestly I didn't even look at the tire size on the bike, and wasn't really sure what size came on these middleweights. And whitewalls were already in my mind. We're still out of town, and the bike is at a friends house in Myrtle Beach until I can get it home. I'm itching to get at it, and see what it will look like when I'm through. I will keep you posted here.

That Spaceliner is a sweet deal at $75 - the good parts on $paceliner-type bikes is like money in the bank...

Jim - are you coming to the Hurricane Coaster show on Sat? Good place to pick up those whitewall tires, etc. I can try and scout out a pair for you if you can't make it.

That Spaceliner is a sweet deal at $75 - the good parts on $paceliner-type bikes is like money in the bank...

Jim - are you coming to the Hurricane Coaster show on Sat? Good place to pick up those whitewall tires, etc. I can try and scout out a pair for you if you can't make it.

I wish I could Mike, but we're out of town until the 9th. What luck, a swap meet 4 miles from the house, and I'm nowhere close. :)

@Wanted33 I ended up with this
20200130_233948.jpg

by trading 2 crusty muscle bikes. It's been rattle canned but seems to be a sturdy ol'girl. Haven't dated it yet but seems like Space bikes are coming back in 2020 ;)

Back