When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 27 X 1 inch tire tubes.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

John Gialanella

Finally riding a big boys bike
I can buy 27 X 1 inch tires for my Schwinn Superior (it has the original 27 X 1 inch Schwinn super record tires on) which I am not going to ride on. But I cannot locate any tubes for these tires. All I see is 27 X 1 1/8 or 27 X 1 1/4 inch tubes. If they still sell 27 X 1inch tires you would think they also would sell the correct tubes. Can someone help.
John.

I believe that 27” is 630mm in metric, and 700c is 622mm in metric; so that would be a tighter fit by about 4mm on each side, (or all around for a circle). A tighter fit might be made to work, but perhaps also introduce other difficulties — (such as when installing and removing the tight-fit tires).

The other way around, 4mm looser all-around, would probably be a no-go.

Oops, I see that you were asking about tubes, not tires.

Sometimes the box for the tubes will specify both 700 compatible and 27” compatible applications; that are often different than the marked or molded size on the tubes themselves. Online retailers might not go to the trouble of listing all of the applications.

I remember the school science teacher explaining how the inside diameter will increase (instead of decrease) when an inner tube is inflated.

Last edited:
I haven't ever tried to put 700c tires on a 27" rim but my gut tells me that's going to be extremely difficult. 27x1 1/4 tires are readily available, is that close enough? Tubes are somewhat interchangeable.

Back