When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a 1959 period Schwinn middleweight chain guard

-

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
I need the correct 1959 period chain guard to fit a 26” middleweight. If you have one that you want to part with then please let me know.

Last edited:
Chrome or all painted style? Which model are you trying to match up to? And what kind of condition preferred?

Chrome or all painted style? Which model are you trying to match up to? And what kind of condition preferred?

Would be for a 26" Hornet, painted no chrome in decent condition. I will repaint it no problem. Please PM me with pictures or particulars. Thanks

Last edited:
58 and 59 are two different animals. 58 was hockey stick type and 59 introduced the sweep design.

I see the difference now Rollfaster. There is no 58 catalog to look at but a quick google for 58 models shows what you mean. The serial Number is very late Dec 1958 so either one would be correct since it more than likely was assembled in early 59?

I see the difference now Rollfaster. There is no 58 catalog to look at but a quick google for 58 models shows what you mean. The serial Number is very late Dec 1958 so either one would be correct since it more than likely was assembled in early 59?
Yes, late 58 build date would suggest your bike was sold as a 59 model with new appointments.

Back