When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a decal source

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Been trying to find a source for some retro looking decals. The kind of decals kids used to put on their bikes in the 50's and 60's. Cartoon characters, gas and oil, pin-up girls, etc. Seems the ones on ebay are too large for fenders and tanks. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I found a pile of old Rat Fink decals at a flea market a number of years ago. A friend saw them and offered me a decent price so I foolishly sold them. Should have kept a couple, but didn't. If you find old ones, they most likely will need to have a thin coating of clearcoat to keep them from falling apart when immersed in water. The trim as close as possible to the image, and carefully apply.

A "modern" source could be airplane model decals, especially those from WW II that had many colorful pin ups and slogans.

Here are just a few samples.

GEDC0190.JPG
GEDC0192.JPG
GEDC0193.JPG
GEDC0194.JPG

Last edited:
Airplane models! Great idea, thank you!

A number of years ago I found a decal set for my father in law's B-24 from WW II. He was a bombardier and flew 24 combat missions. I built of model of his plane and used the decal sheet and presented it to him. Needless to say he enjoyed in immensely.

I applied some of the decals to my bike helmet in his honor and after many, many miles had to retire it. It sits today attached to the post in my man cave.

1.JPG

That's a great tribute. I'm grateful for his service.

Thanks....the events he (and my father) related are mind boggling. People talk about athletes and entertainers as icons when the men and women of the armed forces are the true heroes.

Back