When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a early safety frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

slowroller1842

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm interested in buying a turn of the (last) century safety frame. I'm not too picky at this point. I kind of just want to see what's available and go from there. Thanks.

A boys frame. Ideally i'm looking for something under $200. I guess I should educate myself more on these bikes. (I'm a prewar balloon guy that's branching out) Are there any goods books out there on this era of bikes? I've learned a few things from the book American Bicycles and also from browsing the Copake site. I've seen some cool smaller racer/track type frames with original paint and badges in this price range but I'm not sure how common that is. A fairly complete bike would be considered as well. Thanks.

I have an early 1890s boys frame with some extras on it but it's above your price range ($350). I also have a complete 1897 boys bike (no headbadge) with adjustable handle bars, cained seat, rat trap peddles, large sprocket, and wood wheels ($650). I like prewar balloon bikes and like to trade also. email me for pics if your interested.
Thanks!
Ace

001-1.jpg

1897 bike

Also looking for an old safety bike. Mens. Preferably pre-1900 but am open to other options. Sorry about hijacking the post!

so im curious if we ike these bikes and want to stick with period correct parts does that mean we have to ride in period correct garb?

Back