When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a value on a 66 Fleet-ray....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Spacecowboy

Look Ma, No Hands!
Ok so got this 66 fleet at an estate sale last year and it had the polo seat and handlebars off a stingray on it, I bought it cause it was some poor kids dream, to have a stingray so he fixed up his bike to have that look. I actually have been more into ten speeds, and after riding the fleet-ray, Im kinda growing on the idea that I can actually get a 5sp version that'll be more to my riding habit.

20160521_110426.jpg

and it is definitely a fleet, as it had the tank hangers on it and its number is CB and its red,
20160522_141353.jpg

After I stripped off the spray paint and added the tank half I bought earlier at the same sale it showed its flamboyant red
20160531_171439.jpg

Of course I lost the white decals, so I ended up replacing them. I had the old catseye flashlight laying around and wanted to use it on something so I added a different light holder, which just would have been a repop anyways. The original seat was gone by the time I bought the tank half on the first day, and I actually picked the bike up the last day of the sale at 50% off with the fenders added. After checking the catalogs and build sheets, I am confused why it would have a 1919 frame number instead 1940d. The 1940a number is the 65 and before stingrays. the 1919 number was also for the 26" panther, wasp, jaguar and typhoons. The lucky 7 crank ring, rear sprocket and s7 rims are original to the fleet and the same as a stingray without a slik.

Should I value it more than 66 stingray because it includes the tank hanger, and half tank plus being red. How much more should I go? Would it actually be better investment of time to sell off the frame and just build up a stingray frame from the parts? I saw a fantasy ray made from a 56 spitfire recently should I start at that price of 650?

The wheels I should mention are needing regrease at least, and maybe some rear hub work from sitting in an attic for a number of years. I have already made some minor investments in making it more stinger looking. I had to repaint Fleet on the chainguard (which is the same part number a s a stingray,btw) after cleaning the spray paint off as there isn't a decal for the positive fleet letters.

Thanks for looking at the thread, I look forward your feedback or advice.
20170430_190755.jpg

Back